BIG BLOCK CMB Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craig for all out Power & Performance RS101. For just HOT RODDING around the lake VAC-91.
Joe

I disagree with you on this!

Joe so how much better off are you running the 101's over the 91's,

whats speeds are you running now(101's) to the 91's etc

regards Aaron
Aaron, You Can Disagree it is OK!!!! Tell us what you know about RS101`s vs VAC91?? Maybe you have not experienced a RS101 on 60-65 percent Nitro??

For a Seaducer personally I would (and do) choose a CMB101 modified. If I were building a hydro I would chose the VAC91's. I have found when trying to rev my 101 very hard that I had issues with the crankshaft assembly flexing and causing other issues. At reasonable revs they do work very well in Seaducers.

Craig for all out Power & Performance RS101. For just HOT RODDING around the lake VAC-91.

HR91's hot rodding around the lake at 95mph in heat racing trim:

http://www.youtube.c.../45/xlEmiIFddqU

In testing since we have found the VAC91's to rev just as well but have more torque.
you are going that fast by yourself not with 5 other twins in the water. my twin hits 90's alone but maybe 70-80 with 5 other twins on the water.

Aaron and friends come here and show us how its done Please we will be waiting.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys

Don't let cabin fever get you Juiced up before the holiday's get here. Aaron if Ian,Grub,Bill,Winky and crew come back for some heat racing you shold plan for that trip. As most here that are offering their experience do heats. So far Jerry C is showing us that the Vac turn a Ton of Rpm for Go fast Saw. But the heat Racing war is still on going..............and so far 101 is leading.

Joe

I disagree with you on this!

Joe so how much better off are you running the 101's over the 91's,

whats speeds are you running now(101's) to the 91's etc

regards Aaron
Aaron, You Can Disagree it is OK!!!! Tell us what you know about RS101`s vs VAC91?? Maybe you have not experienced a RS101 on 60-65 percent Nitro??
If you go back to Joe's first post he is taking about riggers/twin riggers!!!!!!

Joe yes, we both have our own opinions, nothing wrong with that, that is what make's this hobby fun:)

what myself and Ian have found is that we can get nearly the same horsepower from the VAC91 as the 101RS

but the vac91 has a lot more rpm's..(modded motors)

just would like to know what have you gained by going to 101's over the 91's

besides pulling alittle more cup on the same propellers that you run on your 91's,

regards Aaron

In testing since we have found the VAC91's to rev just as well but have more torque.
We are talking Mono here not Twin buddy. you are going that fast by yourself not with 5 other twins in the water. my twin hits 90's alone but maybe 70-80 with 5 other twins on the water.

Julian

Julian

i have been to the U.S last 2 years and looking at coming back next year for SAW and Hobart, how about some of you guy's come play boats on the other side of the world!!!!! will tell you this it is a lot easier in your own back yard!!!!!

Can i ask why you are losing between 10-15mph when you race, or you running 90's by yourself is not setup for race trim?

i can understand losing some drive but that is alot of speed to wash off!

regards Aaron

Guy's this is not about who is running faster,

my choice is vac91's, and if you really think that someone with 101's is going to run rings around somone running 91's or 80's your kidding yourself!!!

all i'm asking what gain are people seeing by going to the 101rs's?

regards Aaron

How about if you use the best of both worlds. Have bin working on putting a 1.01 sleeve in a VAC .91 with a custom made piston.

Now this will be a beast. the measurement all add up to a very potent animal VAC 1.05. keep tuned in will be come real soon.

David

David I have already ask about the VAC101. CMB says no time soon? let me know if you get it together. Maybe we need to consult crowther. he assembled the 1st RS101 & 105 from a original RS91 AAC

Aaron the RS91 pulls more prop than the VAC91, I have owned 2 sets of VAC 91`s they are a great engine. But they like little pipes compared to the pipe size we run on the RS91 & 101 & Yes they are a RPM engine. The RS101 pulls more prop diameter & Cup & Maintains the race speed thru the Race Chop. Set up Correctly My Opinion the RS will out perform the VAC.

David I have already ask about the VAC101. COMB says no time soon? let me know if you get it together. Maybe we need to consult crowther. he assembled the 1st RS101 & 105 from a original RS91 AAC
Joe

I will be using the HR91 case with the 1.01 sleeve in it. It will be a true 1.05 not the 1.03 and change Evo 1.0 P/S in the current RS block.

It will have the long stroke and long rod of the .91 VAC with the large bore of the 1.01 sleeve. not certain on the piston yet. Trying to use the 1.01 piston so rebuild will just be ordering a new 1.01 P/S with out doing any mods to it once the case and rod work is done.

The idea is that once the mods are done you can refit the P/S with the stock replacement. Will make it marketable to the average boater.

Will open up a whole new world in twin power. You will need a bigger boat. :lol:

David

Wait till you see what coming to Alabama :ph34r:

We are talking Mono here not Twin buddy. you are going that fast by yourself not with 5 other twins in the water. my twin hits 90's alone but maybe 70-80 with 5 other twins on the water.

Julian

Julian

i have been to the U.S last 2 years and looking at coming back next year for SAW and Hobart, how about some of you guy's come play boats on the other side of the world!!!!! will tell you this it is a lot easier in your own back yard!!!!!

Can i ask why you are losing between 10-15mph when you race, or you running 90's by yourself is not setup for race trim?

i can understand losing some drive but that is alot of speed to wash off!

regards Aaron
Aaron it would be fun to travel to Australia that's been a trip i have been planning but not executed yet. actually is not easy to race twins anywhere you go it has its challenges. Aaron i tune for consistency and reliability i can make the boat fast as hell but i prefer a conservative set up on my boat keeps the cost of maintenance and replacing parts to a minimum.

you can be the fastest guy in the water but you have to finish first..

JC

David I have already ask about the VAC101. COMB says no time soon? let me know if you get it together. Maybe we need to consult crowther. he assembled the 1st RS101 & 105 from a original RS91 AAC
Joe

I will be using the HR91 case with the 1.01 sleeve in it. It will be a true 1.05 not the 1.03 and change Evo 1.0 P/S in the current RS block.

It will have the long stroke and long rod of the .91 VAC with the large bore of the 1.01 sleeve. not certain on the piston yet. Trying to use the 1.01 piston so rebuild will just be ordering a new 1.01 P/S with out doing any mods to it once the case and rod work is done.

The idea is that once the mods are done you can refit the P/S with the stock replacement. Will make it marketable to the average boater.

Will open up a whole new world in twin power. You will need a bigger boat. :lol:

David

David, do you have a day job, how many guys do you have working for you on all of your boating projects. I seems like every two days that you have a new project going on. I have a lot of projects myself and I need to know how you handle all of yours so that maybe I can finish some of mine. Will you help me?. :) :) :)

Charles

PS I am still thirsty.

Joe

David

David, do you have a day job, how many guys do you have working for you on all of your boating projects. I seems like every two days that you have a new project going on. I have a lot of projects myself and I need to know how you handle all of yours so that maybe I can finish some of mine. Will you help me?. :) :) :)

Charles

PS I am still thirsty.
well lets see bonded the new CF hull together finished the Cal Craft 20 boat and started a HR 80 build to day. O and modded the 1.01 to fit your 80 zoome on it for testing tomorrow.

sorry had to put the disk removal from the 45RS off till next weekend. the CF boat took over that slot.

only worked 56 hr this week at the day job so had a little extra skip in my walk.

Got to watch them making full size boat plugs at Sea Ray R&D shop this week with the Poseidon mill. Gave me some extra incentive.

David

Aaron the RS91 pulls more prop than the VAC91, I have owned 2 sets of VAC 91`s they are a great engine. But they like little pipes compared to the pipe size we run on the RS91 & 101 & Yes they are a RPM engine. The RS101 pulls more prop diameter & Cup & Maintains the race speed thru the Race Chop. Set up Correctly My Opinion the RS will out perform the VAC.
sorry joe have to dissagree with you. the second night after the cmb race,dave w and i put a 13cc mac pipe on my 91vac and it pulled a 2616/3 (67mmx94mm)in my calcraft on 50%nitro and blew by 65mph LSG Sport boats.unfortunatly i was bit by bad fuel and chased my tail for 4 days with all the boats.i think it is and always be about testing and trying different thing until that "sweet spot" is found.

Back