Best strut for a SD 31" *Surface drive*

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Derrick

Last i checked there was no 31inch Seaducers... Only 29inch, 33, 38, 42 44 47

I have 2 SD33's which one runs the standard Seaducer strut, and other runs a Speedmaster strut.

Dont notice the difference between them...

Speedmaster round bottom (mono offset) will do fine.

Dave

An origional Seaducer with the make number on the inside, and seaducer logo?

Well ill be dammed a 31inch if thats the case.

Any how, to solve your strut question just use the Speedmaster one. Speedmaster Rudder will also work fine on the Seaducer hulls.

Dave

Ok great. I will go after this strut.

Thank,

D

Pulled from the transom,

photo-94.jpg

Derrick

Can you post a pic of the whole boat man...

Whats the setup you plan on putting in it...

I just got a Nova Rossi for my 33inch. My other 33inch electric one was quicker than my Mac powered so hopefully the Nova gets the speed up a bit more.

Dave

I am pretty much set on a 1521/4s and I have mounts. What kv did you go with? I talked with the builder from Seaducer a good while ago and he said to run a surface drive speedmaster but, I forgot which one. I was hoping to find one with a true bearing. There was a new sub surface speedmaster sent with the boat but, I am not going to run that.

I wonder If this thing would fry a 1515 2.5d?

photo-99.jpg

photo-98.jpg

I ran a 31" with surface drive quite successfully for about 4 years before the 33" came out.

I still have the boat, but can not part with it or the strut (sorry).

I didn't do the installation, but a marine specialties strut was used.

I do believe marine specialties still exists and parts can be had.

If someone can tell me how to clear out pictures on IW, I can post some. I am just out of "picture room"

Or email me and I can send you some.

Garrett Randall

Derrick

Nice looking boat man...

Yeah speedmaster from offshore - just get the mono offset with the round bottom. That will work fine.

AS for motor.. I run a 1521/1.5d in mine. Its NUTS

I also tested a 1515/2.5d and i could run up to a 52mm prop.. Ran its best with a 447/3 on that motor.

Ran a MGM224 ESC with no water cooling on either setup for a long time. Got water cooling now in there as ive got some prop work and boat is just nuts and im not changing it one bit.

Dave

I would just get a hold of Jerry and get the right set up those boats are fast when set up right. Oh yes Jerry made a 31 inch just for a short while then went to 33 inch.

Derrick

Nice looking boat man...

Yeah speedmaster from offshore - just get the mono offset with the round bottom. That will work fine.

AS for motor.. I run a 1521/1.5d in mine. Its NUTS

I also tested a 1515/2.5d and i could run up to a 52mm prop.. Ran its best with a 447/3 on that motor.

Ran a MGM224 ESC with no water cooling on either setup for a long time. Got water cooling now in there as ive got some prop work and boat is just nuts and im not changing it one bit.

Dave
Dave I have a new speedmaster strut assembly for that boat hull. I run shaft bronze bushing No bearings. Strut $20 bushing $6.50 plus 5.00 mail shipping in usa. please advise if needed. : Joe Warren 775 Crimson Oaks lane Collierville TN 38017.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use any strut or rudder on that boat you want. Just just want it about 2 inches long. That boat will run faster Sub Surface then it will surface drive.

Just for you info their was over 1200 of those boats made.

Jerry

Latest posts

Back