belly pans what are there purpose

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misshydro

i know for one,,lower engine center of gravity. does it help to get your boat up on plane faster? im debating one putting one in a sport40.

i know for one,,lower engine center of gravity. does it help to get your boat up on plane faster? im debating one putting one in a sport40.
It helps to reduce the amount of air in the tunnel and speed up the flow of air under the boat. If low enough they can actually have an effect on the water spray inside the tunnel and for this reason the Mutt boats have the corners nice and sharp at the rear similar to a sponson. Also best to check on dimensional allowances in the rulebook as I believe IMPBA and NAMBA are different. There are alot of theories in this area and I'm sure others will chime in....Mark Anderson, Phil Thomas, Geraghty to name a few have tested alot of different designs....

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
It helps to reduce the amount of air in the tunnel and speed up the flow of air under the boat. If low enough they can actually have an effect on the water spray inside the tunnel and for this reason the Mutt boats have the corners nice and sharp at the rear similar to a sponson. Also best to check on dimensional allowances in the rulebook as I believe IMPBA and NAMBA are different. There are alot of theories in this area and I'm sure others will chime in....Mark Anderson, Phil Thomas, Geraghty to name a few have tested alot of different designs....

:)
ive redone the bottom of my dumas sport40 eagle. made two access compartments for the fuel tanks.. it did have the belly pan.. took it off when id redone the bottom...

Back