AVL Sport 40 Build questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueBlaster

Im planning on building an 82 Atlas Van Line sport 40 and i was wanting to know what size rudder, stuffing tube,and shaft are used on sport 40. Also what size plywood should i use for sheeting. i want to think it was 3/32 but cant remember. This is one of Mikes kits

Last edited by a moderator:
Rudder: Speedmaster 40 sized assembly with the rudder arm set for the side of the boat you plan on mounting it on

Shaft: .187 with stuffing tube large enough to not bind but small enough to provide support and prevent whipping

Skins: 1/16 is the only way to go. 3/32 won't bend enough for the sponson bottoms or sides without seriously fighting the material and 1/32 doesn't have the strength to handle an impact. Another factor to look at is a 40 sized engine won't have the required "horses" to push a heavy boat so the more weight you can remove or engineer out, the better it will run

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup yup yup When considering a shaft log size the bushing in the rear determines the size.

Same as Mikey i use a seaducer 20 rudder cut down and yes to the rest that Hydro said i also am running a PT sport40

Latest posts

Back