aquacraft .18

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still wondering if theres proublems with the bearing on it,or bad tempering process to the cranks? I havent heard any of the car guys splitting cranks on the duratrax.18. maybe they done differently in the crank tempering process? Wondering if that crank can be retempered to make it stronger?
It's made from cheap steel. A stronger crank could be built, but that would require a better piece of steel. About $4 worth.

The only way they can sell a crank for $14 is to keep the material cost to 50 cents or less.

Stronger/tougher steel is also harder to machine. It all adds up to money.

I'm still wondering if theres proublems with the bearing on it,or bad tempering process to the cranks? I havent heard any of the car guys splitting cranks on the duratrax.18. maybe they done differently in the crank tempering process? Wondering if that crank can be retempered to make it stronger?
It's made from cheap steel. A stronger crank could be built, but that would require a better piece of steel. About $4 worth.

The only way they can sell a crank for $14 is to keep the material cost to 50 cents or less.

I was wondering if you reheat that crank and dunk it into oil. When my friend make stuff from his forge he's dunk the hot steal into motor oil to temper the steal up. He tought me that trick. So when ever I weld somthing that needs to be strong I dunk it into motor oil.expessially a parts that needs to be strong to retemper it. Andy how much would you charge for that turbo head botton on that.18?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy said it best--- duratrax LOL no wonder :lol:

The two that I broke I chalked up to bad manufacturing. I know that the ones that not only I have broke but others to remain un named in our club. If you look there is a sharp angle with no radius where the crank meets the pin disk. My fix was to buy a rear exhaust Go motor for $75.00 they are manufactured with some care.

where do you get the go motor for 75$? ebay? cause there more than that on there web site?

you check hear too. I'd emailed them and there going to have somone in the US sell them for them too.just chick to undefine and you'll get there websight.undefined

Last edited by a moderator:
Back