Am I Mistaken or...???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking about one of the things that seems to keep the other facets of RC going. I did notice that in the case of RC Cars the racing organizations seem to have no problem in offering what's hot and dump other classes that aren't so hot whereas us boat guys seem to have to hold on to the same old classes even it there are only barely enough in attendance ot make a class. Beleive me I like my boats too but maybe we need to loosen up a little. Like I know the hot thing in cars are the short track trucks, and I remember another time when it was Touring Cars and Superspeedway. Sure they kept the core classes but you always saw the hottest new class of course become a National Championship or World Championship class. Just a thought. I am sure that helps the relationship between racers and bigger manufacturers a whole lot especially when what shows up in the winner's circle in the magazine is available for the average joe to buy at the hobby shop even if it is only to run around at the pond in his housing development. Just some thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
ROAR does not do record trials. This in itself makes this "different"

Its always the same deal.. it needs to become a "class" to be eligible for RTs. This has a very large part in this.

Grim

well, if you think about it, Rodger is right, where was the Gas class 10 years ago?, gas has exploded into a major class leaving nitro less to be desired, we are clining to our roots too much, the way it was and the way it is, aint the same like it was..lol sounds funny but true,everone is being like those old timers not wanting change and keep fighting to accept newer ways, and finding fault in making progress into a new way of thinking,a new style of hull, upgrading to the future, lets not hold back progress because thats the way it was, and lets move forward to what it can be!!

What I really see going on is most want to put the newest 45 VAC engine in there 1980 hull ????????????

I was just thinking about one of the things that seems to keep the other facets of RC going. I did notice that in the case of RC Cars the racing organizations seem to have no problem in offering what's hot and dump other classes that aren't so hot whereas us boat guys seem to have to hold on to the same old classes even it there are only barely enough in attendance ot make a class. Beleive me I like my boats too but maybe we need to loosen up a little. Like I know the hot thing in cars are the short track trucks, and I remember another time when it was Touring Cars and Superspeedway. Sure they kept the core classes but you always saw the hottest new class of course become a National Championship or World Championship class. Just a thought. I am sure that helps the relationship between racers and bigger manufacturers a whole lot especially when what shows up in the winner's circle in the magazine is available for the average joe to buy at the hobby shop even if it is only to run around at the pond in his housing development. Just some thoughts.
"I am sure that helps the relationship between racers and bigger manufacturers a whole lot especially when what shows up in the winner's circle in the magazine is available for the average joe to buy at the hobby shop even if it is only to run around at the pond in his housing development."

The organizations/clubs offered classes for the boats of the "bigger manufactures" (RTR). They never came out to race!

The biggest class right now is in certain areas is Gas mono. Does that mean we drop most other classes and promote Gas mono more? No, because is others areas 1/8 scale nitro is still strong.

We can't force anything...as proven by the RTR class. If people want to race a certain class they will show up at the pond with it

and the clubs will take their entry fees $$. It's a natural phenomenon that we can only follow, not push.

Just offer the class and see who comes. If no one enters a certain class, then it just dies it's own natural death, but as organizations there is not a reason to drop a class.

Clubs can just choose to run what's "Hot".

as far as i am concerned this statement sums is all up for me. granted i havn't been around as long as some. like my father, stu, ect.. BUT i have been at it quite a while.

we are clining to our roots too much, the way it was and the way it is, aint the same like it was

until we ver from that. nothing will be any different

chris

Nothing wrong with liking what you run . If it was up to me i would race all the nitro classes and all the gas classes . Not enough time or money so i keep it to 6 or 7 . Certain regions seem to favor certain classes , mixing Gas with nitro in some classes just does not work etc . It's natural selection I think , but at least offering the classes may bring out the people rather than not even having it on the Entry list . Then you really don't have a chance of guys entering it .

Nothing wrong with liking what you run . If it was up to me i would race all the nitro classes and all the gas classes . Not enough time or money so i keep it to 6 or 7 . Certain regions seem to favor certain classes , mixing Gas with nitro in some classes just does not work etc . It's natural selection I think , but at least offering the classes may bring out the people rather than not even having it on the Entry list . Then you really don't have a chance of guys entering it .
"Nothing wrong with liking what you run ."

Yep! My first two boats were .40 hydros. I still love .45 hydro. But New stuff interstests me too. I have a P Spec SGX in the works to go racing with.

For me i race buggies and trucks,pluss do rc rock crawling,Have just run boats for fun so far.cars trucks and such do so well were im at is because they can be run indoors in the winter.electric that is.its a big head ack for most to have to get a boat set it up and run it ,and have to beable to retreave it.any of the cares extra jus go out and flip it over.Boats is a pasion for me i love them but for most i know its a pain in the but for them.to only run every so often.

I have not been around all that long but my observation is - classes fade and then seem to re-emerge over time. When a guy with the coin and enough boats see's that- he doesnt dump the boat- he shelves it. As time and history go , the class usually comes back around. The driving factor in that is someone that takes the bull by the horns in his area and makes a push to re-establish the class.

A perfect example is 60 Mono in D-3 -

Getting rid of classes only makes those boats on the shelf worthless- I say offer it all, trim it to what makes and go race ;)

Just my worthless .02

Andy

well, if you think about it, Rodger is right, where was the Gas class 10 years ago?, gas has exploded into a major class leaving nitro less to be desired, we are clining to our roots too much, the way it was and the way it is, aint the same like it was..lol sounds funny but true,everone is being like those old timers not wanting change and keep fighting to accept newer ways, and finding fault in making progress into a new way of thinking,a new style of hull, upgrading to the future, lets not hold back progress because thats the way it was, and lets move forward to what it can be!!

What I really see going on is most want to put the newest 45 VAC engine in there 1980 hull ????????????
I totally disagree with that BOLD statement. Obviously you did not attend the Fall Nats in Charleston a few weeks ago. Nitro is alive and well and I see many people moving from gas back to nitro. Even in the middle of "gas country" in Fla and the recent entry opening for the 2013 Winter Nationals, the nitro entries are very strong indeed!!!!...... ;)

I totally disagree with that BOLD statement. Obviously you did not attend the Fall Nats in Charleston a few weeks ago. Nitro is alive and well and I see many people moving from gas back to nitro. Even in the middle of "gas country" in Fla and the recent entry opening for the 2013 Winter Nationals, the nitro entries are very strong indeed!!!!...... ;)
Ron im so glad u spoke up like that..you took the words right out of my mouth...several of us down here in south florida have beenfiring everybody up around the country thats NITRO"s back for real...we started this like 2 to 3 years ago...we took classes that barely made

3 boats at a national race and now theres people waiting on a list to get in..just an example..60 hydro was almost wiped out, and 40 hydro had

maybe 3 or 4 boats..now people are fighting to get on the wait list, and as Andy greene says 60mono also...look at race results on "rc racing events" and see how many nitro entries there were at the fall nats, also look at 2012 winternats and hobart, evansville...

I know that nitro numbers will grow, infact here in the south east we are getting closer on matching the entrys of the gas boats and soon we will have equal numbers of allowed entrys between gas and nitro at races to please all of the hobbiest in are awesome community of rc boats.Next year I promise, you will see even more nitro boaters back at the lake and even new beginner boaters at the lake.

leave the class's there, people will sign up and race.

Ron im so glad u spoke up like that..you took the words right out of my mouth...several of us down here in south florida have beenfiring everybody up around the country thats NITRO"s back for real...we started this like 2 to 3 years ago...we took classes that barely made

3 boats at a national race and now theres people waiting on a list to get in..just an example..60 hydro was almost wiped out, and 40 hydro had

maybe 3 or 4 boats..now people are fighting to get on the wait list, and as Andy greene says 60mono also...look at race results on "rc racing events" and see how many nitro entries there were at the fall nats, also look at 2012 winternats and hobart, evansville...
Yes, the Twin Nitro class for Orlando filled up the 16 spots for the class in one day. Over 80% of those boats are Florida boats. A good showing of entries from the North and West could have easily put 30 to 40 Twin Nitro riggers into the event. I would say many nitro racers just didn't even have a chance to enter, because the nitro classes were limited to a small number of entries and closed quickly.

Andy B - imho , whats it gonna take is more people like yourself and I that are willing to take on the commitment to running specialty races. Some of these bigger events are gonna sell out in a single day without fail- that's not a bad thing, but it does exclude some racers- period. We can fill the gaps around these races without bickering and have great single and multiple day events. There is ZERO QUESTION that there a shztload of nitro racers in Fl willing to run, and many from out of state that are willing to travel to a decent event- I proved that last weekend with 60+ nitro tunnel hulls and guys from many states for a nitro tunnel only race. We need a Mono only -gas-f/e-nitro event to offset your Hydro race. IF we all work together on dates /race sites and classes offered- its a WIN WIN IMHO.

Call me - lets do it......................

Andy G

Andy B - imho , whats it gonna take is more people like yourself and I that are willing to take on the commitment to running specialty races. Some of these bigger events are gonna sell out in a single day without fail- that's not a bad thing, but it does exclude some racers- period. We can fill the gaps around these races without bickering and have great single and multiple day events. There is ZERO QUESTION that there a shztload of nitro racers in Fl willing to run, and many from out of state that are willing to travel to a decent event- I proved that last weekend with 60+ nitro tunnel hulls and guys from many states for a nitro tunnel only race. We need a Mono only -gas-f/e-nitro event to offset your Hydro race. IF we all work together on dates /race sites and classes offered- its a WIN WIN IMHO.

Andy G

Andy G
I agree Mr. Green! We should start a Nitro only series? Mono, Tunnel, Hydro. Same classes as 20 years ago? I think the nitro mono class would come back if we did that.

Maybe a 4 race series. Brandon, Melbourne, Broward, Valdosta ???? Those four locations may pull some Ala., S.C, Ga., racers down to Fla. The current District 3 races would not hardly be effected, because they have been 75% gas. Nitro racing will grow with it's own races and the District races will probably benefit from the extra nitro boaters in the district.

Here in Orlando we are close to getting are own lake. It is a very good sight with lots of cheep hotels within less than a mile and right off the FL Turnpike.

All the room in the world to park and a killer lake right next to the Silver Spurs arena.

Hope this all comes together it would make a great place for some world class racing.

David

Latest posts

Back