About time..........................

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K.

Let us know how it goes...
default_happy.png

Like a very smart man said. " If a idea dose not sound absurd it is no idea at all"

I phone emoji don't work on here :)

I'm sways interested in what others are working on :)

Just call it the water turkey...........you FL boys know what I'm talking about.........................LOL

You know I still have the OPS 1.27 sitting here to build up next.................................................LOL

id say thats outside the box lol
None of this is outside the box or new in any way. Many boats use and have used this concept for decades, both Full Scale and R/C models. Mostly scale type hydros , but several old outriggers have used the concept as well.

In 1993 John and I put the same style wings on our 21 Eagle (a flat bottom boat). It ran well and raced very successfully. That experiment led to the creation of the 1994 Jaguar, which won IMPBA US1 in 1994 and 1995. I tried a flat bottom on the Jag, but the best set up was a rocker bottom with very shallow rear sponsons.

The 2006 SGX-2 was a re-visitation to the concept but with slightly deeper rear sponsons. The SGX-2 is a great running boat and has won races, but not many of them were built and we have not been out racing since that time so the success of that boat is not popularized.

In 2014 I began to dabble with the X-2 wings again and found that the very shallow rears worked great on the SGX rocker bottom just as it did on the 1994 Jaguar.

Recently David had seen the X-2 style wings and in a phone conversation I explained my experiences and successes with the system.

After some discussion, David decide to try the X-2 wings without the shallow rears. I did mention that he may need a smaller prop, which is what I have found to be true when I have worked with this system, but not always.

When David found that the engine was falling off in the turn, I suggested more shaft angle together with a possibly higher strut setting to improve the situation.

As David explained, that will be his next experiment, along with testing some wide shallow rears and also a mostly full flat bottom.

Many years ago I ran a Pinckert Gator with no rear sponsons. This was a rocker bottom boat and mine was set up with a 7 degree solid shaft and used a 1400 series prop with no cupping. The boat launched great. Ran through the corner strong and was faster than it was with the rear sponsons. I did not have to change the prop size when I removed the rear sponsons.

I think David will find that the increased shaft angle set at the correct depth will improve his corner speed without upsetting the straight line performance.

Testing is fun!
default_smile.png

Sorry, Didn't mean to hijack thread! David, do you think the vac 1.05 has as much power as your old RS ? More rpm?

My water turkey ran 98+ on a stock prop :)
I don't know what a water turkey is, but I ran 114 with a stock prop.......13 years ago.
default_smile.png
I don't either ! lol. I'm talking about and oval boat with a big turn fin making laps!
Ok, Oval boat with a big turn fin making laps, on the buoys at 98 mph plus. That would be a K-90 power Eagle SG with a V967 18 years ago. (1997) Boat owned by Joe Ingrao.

Or 97+ mph Oval boat with a Picco 45 in an Eagle SG. Prop was a not stock H-30. The year was also 1997. Boat owned by Stan Simpson.

Good speed on the 90 boat, I believe I remember reading about that before. Did you ever take it to record trials ?

Stan has told me about that 45 before, he said 96 . My 45 oval is doing 98+ so your way off now

Back