AA45 parabolic pipe set up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
I'm doing a build and set up for a friend and was wondering what pipe length is working well on the AA 45 engine (angled carb) with the AA 45 parabolic pipe in riggers. Just trying to determine where the pipe mount needs to be approximately.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

I have been inside of 9" to 9.5", Picco blackheads. I would use about 9 - 9.25" as a good baseline, same as David noted.

To set the pipe mount 9" to 9.5" but as you know it will also depend on the prop, with a 1655 i found anything under 9 1/8 the boat started to slow down, to much loss of torque.

Thanks for the input, I'd still like to hear from anyone who has run this particular combo of motor and pipe.
Don, I made my own pipe bracket & strap that mounts to the radio cover. Angle aluminum bar stock and strap material.

Bracket is measured @ 14-3/8" back from center of engine. Mount is 22mm long with 3 holes spaced @ 6mm on center.

Strap is 35mm long. This gives me telescoping for the pipe at anywhere from 8-3/4 to 9-1/2". It holds very tight. Hope this helps, unless you already found your answer.

boat image.jpg

Back