38" Youngblood

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkGuile

Hi, this is my first post so go easy on me :p I recently aquired the youngblood hull pictured below as part of a package deal. The folks at rcuniverse were able to help me ID it as a youngblood, but told me I should come here for some more in depth info. I'm particularly curious about the recessed trim tabs mine seems to have. Is this unique to the brand? Anyone here have any background knowledge about these hulls? I'm not planning on running it, I already have a prather OB and a Hot Shot 3.5 that I run, but I'd like to know more about what I've got here. I'll probably end up selling it so that someone else can drop in an engine and enjoy it. Thanks!

P2110005.JPG

P2110017.JPG

P2110047.JPG

After sticking mine into a cypress tree I am in the process of painting it. I have the identical hull. It believe it is the last generation of this hull. I have a CMB 65 in mine and it GPS'd at 60 mph. Seem's like some love the hull and some complain about it being hard to drive. Mine runs great. I guess it is all in the setup. If I were you I would hang on to it.

Hi, this is my first post so go easy on me :p I recently aquired the youngblood hull pictured below as part of a package deal. The folks at rcuniverse were able to help me ID it as a youngblood, but told me I should come here for some more in depth info. I'm particularly curious about the recessed trim tabs mine seems to have. Is this unique to the brand? Anyone here have any background knowledge about these hulls? I'm not planning on running it, I already have a prather OB and a Hot Shot 3.5 that I run, but I'd like to know more about what I've got here. I'll probably end up selling it so that someone else can drop in an engine and enjoy it. Thanks!
I knew Jim Youngblood very well. Have not seen him in years. I had a 38" in 1987 that had a Rossi 80 in it. The boat was a good boat and bad fast. At the 87 Internats that year I almost set a straightaway record with that boat at about 78 mph. The boat took off like a airplane 20' from the timing light to finish the pass on the backup run. All the boat had to do was trip the light but it flip over the light. That was the last time I every ran a mono because all of my mono's were either airplanes or submarines and I had never won a race with one. The Seaducer I had this past year was attemp to run monos again but there again the end results was the same airplane or submarine. Got rid of it after the Charleston race and I am sure the mono guy are glad I did. And I still have never won a race with a mono.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew Jim Youngblood very well. Have not seen him in years. I had a 38" in 1987 that had a Rossi 80 in it. The boat was a good boat and bad fast. At the 87 Internats that year I almost set a straightaway record with that boat at about 78 mph. The boat took off like a airplane 20' from the timing light to finish the pass on the backup run. All the boat had to do was trip the light but it flip over the light. That was the last time I every ran a mono because all of my mono's were either airplanes or submarines and I had never won a race with one. The Seaducer I had this past year was attemp to run monos again but there again the end results was the same airplane or submarine. Got rid of it after the Charleston race and I am sure the mono guy are glad I did. And I still have never won a race with a mono.
Maybe if you backed off the throttle a little you will start finishing heats. B) B) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe if you backed off the throttle a little you will start finishing heats. B) B) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

check in for sale I just got rid of one 42in hard to sell but I did...

Is this the same Jim Younglood of jet boat fame???

I'll check out the for sale section...... still on the fence sort of..... hmm

Edit: I really appriciate the info guys! Keep it coming

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the same Jim Younglood of jet boat fame???I'll check out the for sale section...... still on the fence sort of..... hmm

Edit: I really appriciate the info guys! Keep it coming
Yes it is. He started running RC boats at the end of him racing his jetboats.

What's a throttle LOL

Back