3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Stig is undergoing a transplant at the moment - not sure if he'll be available on Sunday.

I have a few things to test on the 3.5 rigger though.

I would LOVE to join you guys, but then my boats might run worse :D
Hey Ronald, How are things?
Worse??? Geez i thought everyone was joking when they said thats how your boat always ran.... LMAO kiddn!

Hope you and Louise plan on heading up for the Nationals

First things First

What on earth is the Topic doing on page 3 :eek:

Now we are back on track :lol:

Hopefully we can have a good show at the Nationals,

I know of a lynx/OS that will debut and hopefully a new Villian

i think this could be a good turn out for the outboards in May

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
First things FirstWhat on earth is the Topic doing on page 3 :eek:

Now we are back on track :lol:

Hopefully we can have a good show at the Nationals,

I know of a lynx/OS that will debut and hopefully a new Villian

i think this could be a good turn out for the outboards in May

Greg
You could run them in Finley in a few weeks to make sure they're right for the Nationals ;)

Craig

I'd had intentions of doing the Finley trip but something has come up at work that means I can't take the time off. Sorry guys. I'm sure you will all have a lot of fun there!

Who's running A O/B tunnel at the nats? I'm not sure yet, got a HTB290 with a mod motor that doesn't co-operate, and a stock OS motor but an unbuilt Villain kit for it. Not enough time to build the Vill, not sure what to do about a mod motor. Stock OS on a HTB290 will be too slow methinks........ anyone got a spare built villain or lynx they'd lend me for the nats?

dont think ill be running at the nats got to much going on with renos to the outside of the house

i will be coming down to hang out for a day or two

cheers ian

Guys

What tank size are you running with your Mod OB motors.

Im just wondering if i can get the distance with the new aquacraft plastic tank, and a 2oz hopper with my Mac?

(http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub0006-parts.html - click on the tank for pic)

Just the cheaper easier option, but if i need bigger than will just have to do just that...

figured that 8oz and the 2oz hopper might just get me there. Chasing 8 laps min.

Cheers folks

Dave

Dave,

My MAC outboards have been very thirsty on fuel and I have found that I needed a 10oz tank to give me enough to be safe. I'm not sure whether an 8oz with a 2oz hopper tank will give you an "effective" 10ozs of fuel, however, I do know, that when I ran an 8oz tank (no hopper) it would run out of fuel on Lap 4 :eek: :eek:

The tank I am running at present, which is absolutely perfect for my HTB290, was made for me by Ken Retallick. It is approximately 10oz with an integrated 2oz hopper and the height & width allow me to run all my steering, throttle, 3rd Channel and radio switch pushrods out the back of the radio box with no bends in them ;)

I can send you a photo if you are interested.

Regards,

James

James

I remember a while back, all you had to do was tell ken the measurements and he would build one to the specs... Might have to consider this. Just need to make cowl and see what my height is for this boat.

If you could send me some pics that would be great.

Have you still got my email?

Dave

10oz main tank as a minimum for a MAC. Thirsty engines when set up right. Don't count the hopper tank into the equation.

Thanks guys

Will go for the 10oz tank and a 2oz hopper.

Will know a better size once i get the cowl made and fitted. Going to make it bit lower than the standard villain height, as the boat is longer and needs something sleaker.

James - sent you an email mate.

looking foward to the pics..

Cheers

Dave

hey guys just wondering when and where the next race all the A an B outboards guys are doin thanks dion

Back