27 Alpha Gas Crapshooter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Stu!

Guess I've got some catching up to do!

attachicon.gif
IMG_2636.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2635.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2631.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2848.JPG
Nice Buck! Build a bigger version too and set up one of those CMB 27's up for nitro!
default_smile.png

Our Big Daddy CMB 27 boat is almost 52" long. We are using a standard nitro style mount using 3/8" I.D. heavy duty grommets. Just started using these grommets on the Twin 90's too.

Pictured is our 80% kit. This is an extra wide version to accommodate a special ignition system. I think it's 5.5" inside. Normal is 5" and it could be built down to about 4.5" for nitro and still carry plenty of fuel.

IMG-20141103-01163.jpg

IMG-20141103-01167.jpg

IMG-20141103-01166.jpg

Allan, Mark Grim had one at the Hobart race 2 years ago. I only saw it when he was putting it back in his trailer. I wished that I'd known earlier as I wanted to see one run. I thought that Stu was going to race his this year but I see that it isn't done so watch out next year!

This is the only way that Stu would run gas as it's a CMB.

BTW Allan, if I bring that Jersey Skiff along with me next year I'm going to have to let you take it for a spin during open water after the hard time that you gave me at the banquet!
default_biggrin.png

Hey Tyler! Nice finish on that SGX.

This new boat has a lower profile, is a few inches longer, has wider boom spacing and is an over all redesigned SGX. The cowl is smaller than the 35 CMB cowl and fits the CMB 27 perfectly.

The CMB 27 block is large enough to make a 35cc engine. Maybe CMB will do that some day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick,

The motor is so strong that I had weight to boat. A big piece of furniture was going to help
default_dry.png

Buck,

Good looking boat. Who is going to get done first and in the water. Right now, my water is hard.

Andy,

Let me know how yours is doing. You are on the right path.

Stu

Rick,

The motor is so strong that I had weight to boat. A big piece of furniture was going to help
default_dry.png

Buck,

Good looking boat. Who is going to get done first and in the water. Right now, my water is hard.

Andy,

Let me know how yours is doing. You are on the right path.

Stu
Stu

You could always use Mallory Metal for the boom's , That should add about 12 to 15lb's to it then every one would at least be able to stay within 2 lap's behind you .... LOL

Of coarse you could just fill the sponson's with concrete .....

LOL
See ya buddy
Rick R

Looking good Stu!

attachicon.gif
IMG_2636.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2635.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2631.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2848.JPG
Nice Buck! Build a bigger version too and set up one of those CMB 27's up for nitro!
default_smile.png

Our Big Daddy CMB 27 boat is almost 52" long. We are using a standard nitro style mount using 3/8" I.D. heavy duty grommets. Just started using these grommets on the Twin 90's too.

Pictured is our 80% kit. This is an extra wide version to accommodate a special ignition system. I think it's 5.5" inside. Normal is 5" and it could be built down to about 4.5" for nitro and still carry plenty of fuel.
LOOK'S > Awsum Andy >>> I can see where this going to be wild in 2015 .........

Andy, will this boat take the Zenoah big block engines? I realize the cowl would have to be different since it is a side exhaust engine. I really want to get into running riggers in the next year or so. Love my gas boats, not a nitro guy. LOL

Andy, will this boat take the Zenoah big block engines? I realize the cowl would have to be different since it is a side exhaust engine. I really want to get into running riggers in the next year or so. Love my gas boats, not a nitro guy. LOL
John, We have a side exhaust cowl that will fit the 52" SGX. I'm sure the hull will handle 32cc, 35cc and probably 40cc with no problems.

Will have to catch up with you sometime after the first of the year, right now getting ready to spend some time putting together a new thunder boat for this spring, then can work on the next project. We are friends on Face Book so I will hit you up on there when ready.........

Looking good Stu!

attachicon.gif
IMG_2636.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2635.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2631.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2848.JPG
default_smile.png

Hi Andy,

What size O.D. and wall thickness for the carbon boom tubes are you using on your gas rigger kits? Thanks!

Back