2017 NAMBA Nationals Las Vegas SUPERNATS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wonder that " Open Twin " only Nitro? or Mix gas and nitro?? Let me know thanks
If it's "Open"... Then I would think FE would be under that umbrella as well...
default_wink.png
Hopefully they don't, sounds weird, from the few FE races I've seen I think it would be a recipe for carnage, we'll just have to wait and see what the organizers come up with. Whatever it is or isn't, we're racing!

I just wonder that " Open Twin " only Nitro? or Mix gas and nitro?? Let me know thanks
default_wink.png
Hopefully they don't, sounds weird, from the few FE races I've seen I think it would be a recipe for carnage, we'll just have to wait and see what the organizers come up with. Whatever it is or isn't, we're racing!
Not sure what you are referring to, but I'm thinking that Brian Buaas and Tyler Garrard, and maybe a couple of others, aren't going to be the ones causing any "carnage". They have the lane control that is lacking in so many others.

default_wink.png
Not sure what you are referring to, but I'm thinking that Brian Buaas and Tyler Garrard, and maybe a couple of others, aren't going to be the ones causing any "carnage". They have the lane control that is lacking in so many others.
Your probably right, the starting/launching timing process from what I've seen are different enough to cause some unneeded mayhem in my opinion, just a thought but if the organizers set it up that way, so be it. As for lane control, pretty sure there are quite a number of highly qualified racers who will have something to say about that. Just my opinion a twin race filled with screaming Nitro twins is no place for trolling starts.

Electrics can use the same start sequence as nitro and gas. We run mixed classes frequently. They just need to launch before the 30 second warning. Slower boats make one lap, faster boats might make two laps.

Lohring Miller

Electrics can use the same start sequence as nitro and gas. We run mixed classes frequently. They just need to launch before the 30 second warning. Slower boats make one lap, faster boats might make two laps.

Lohring Miller

Whatever way the organizers build it, doesn't much matter, we be racin! Looking forward to it, should be a blast!

I noticed Sport 20 also isn't being offered.

JD
Jerry I have made a suggestion for Sport 20 on the boat dock. Here was my suggestion: "My suggestion would be Sport 20. Since that class was not offered this year for some reason. I think it would be great to have tribute class for the late Jim Wilson.

Jim Wilson's favorite class was Sport 20. So have a tribute class instead of a exhibition class. I am sure Jerry Dunlap could help. I am not sure but I think Diane Wilson might be attending. She is still active with the racing scene guys, which is just awesome."

I think it would be great if this could happen.
We will be offering Sport 20 in memory of Jim Wilson. Jerry Dunlap messaged me about it and we made the necessary changes. Jerry, the sponsored class is yours friend. Thank you for the input, classy move!

I noticed Sport 20 also isn't being offered.

JD
Jerry I have made a suggestion for Sport 20 on the boat dock. Here was my suggestion: "My suggestion would be Sport 20. Since that class was not offered this year for some reason. I think it would be great to have tribute class for the late Jim Wilson.

Jim Wilson's favorite class was Sport 20. So have a tribute class instead of a exhibition class. I am sure Jerry Dunlap could help. I am not sure but I think Diane Wilson might be attending. She is still active with the racing scene guys, which is just awesome."

I think it would be great if this could happen.
We will be offering Sport 20 in memory of Jim Wilson. Jerry Dunlap messaged me about it and we made the necessary changes. Jerry, the sponsored class is yours friend. Thank you for the input, classy move!

Thank you, Richard. Besides Sport 20, Jim Wilson was a NAMBA National Champion in other classes and often served as the Drivers' Representative at NAMBA Nationals. Jim will be missed.

JD

So only 1 day or part of a day for open water?
The park is open everyday and you can practice prior to open water. No one will be allowed to setup up pits and we will not have a retrieve boats present until Friday am. All NAMBA rules apply while testing!
Richard will there be testing available each day after completion of the day?

Last edited by a moderator:
So only 1 day or part of a day for open water?
The park is open everyday and you can practice prior to open water. No one will be allowed to setup up pits and we will not have a retrieve boats present until Friday am. All NAMBA rules apply while testing!
Richard will there be testing available each day after completion of the day?
Depending on daylight, but there should be open water.
Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Back