2016 World OB Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John,

How many kneelers do you need? I can enter mine if it will help keep that class. Let me know. Thanks.

Ron - there is a 5 class minimum to cover the cost of the awards. The Kneeler and OB Hydro each had 3 so we are 2 short. So did the F Tunnel but they can be rolled into the usual E/F class. We tried to run the F class alone but did not get the numbers.

If you guys can come up with 1 more each for the Kneeler and OB Hydro I guess we can run them. Let me know immediately to re-enter the classes. Time is critical as I have to get the list of awards in nlt Friday. I can work with that.

Mic - point taken. I am good with the fastest lap competition, it was fun when we did it before. If you want to take the lead for running it for those interested, I also think that Friday afternoon would be a good time. After then we can start the race if people are ready.

Work on it guys, let's see if we can keep it going.

John I will sign up right now for OB hydro......so count me in. Also am trying to get another kneeler.......if not RC Boating Today will sponsor the class.....it will be a shame not to run them, they are a lot of fun!

Ron thanks for stepping up!

See you guys soon, Jeff

Hi John,

I paid for Gas Tunnel because there was no longer an entry for OB Hydro.......but you should have the PayPal....please put me in OB Hydro! Thanks, Jeff Maturo

Guys,

Jeff Maturo has graciously offered to pay for the Kneeler and the OB Hydro classes to ensure they run and that we will. In a little bit will return those classes. Will reconstruct the classes and with the correct entrants in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron D. and I will not be able to make it this year. We have too many irons in the fire at the moment. Enjoy the race fellas!!!

Jeff you need to come , there will be rum waiting . Drake need a little rum and coke to put those fires out ,lol

Anyone have pictures of the site post tornado? I was wondering if there were any trees left to help shade the pits.....thanks

Jeff,

There are a few trees remaining but we lost over 80% of them. Such a shame as it was a well shaded race site. But we have done the best we could with a very tough situation.

No problem! I will just make sure to bring my canopy. Last year was so nice and shaded you really did not even need it...........

John has left it up to the racers if we want to have a timed 2 lap event for each class. Any interest? Will take a couple hours out of Friday afternoon to do if a majority want to run. Good test info and bragging rights for the season. Who's in and who's scared?

Mic

Race Update:

The entry period is now closed and working on the race setup and heat sheets. Hope the changes and drops are done.

We cannot get a food vendor to come in with the low numbers of racers coming in. Plan on bringing your own provisions for lunch each day. If time will allow for a mid day break for lunch we will do it. Decision at race time.

Weather info can be found for John's Island, zip of 29455. Rcracingevents also has a weather link for each race on the site including this one.

Should be a good race. Let's have fun and bring a fun attitude from all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back