2014 NAMBA nitro/gas Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu, does this mean I'll be able to pick your brain about my greenheads? I can use all the help I can get
default_wink.png

Looking forward to some more news and the full report on the events happening this week! The weather here has been amazing, so hopefully those that are visiting are enjoying themselves. I know that Rob Duckering has been out and about and enjoying the sites around the general Seattle area.

David,

It will post on the NAMBA web site when racing is all over.

They have a very good web site.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Gas Scale Hydro Update from the NAMBA Nat’s

Ten Gas Sale Hydro’s showed up for the event and we had some great deck to deck racing for 4 rounds with Al Waters driving Marty Shallenberger’s Coors not only to the win but also setting the NAMBA One Mile Heat Racing record. Complete results will be posted on the NAMBA website

We had two hulls change ownership including Marty’s 2002 Budweiser at the event and both of them are now on their way to the San Diego area to get the Gas Scale Class up and running in NAMBA District 19

We all had a great time at the Nationals and a big thank you to the District 8 team for putting it on ..

Marty

Jerry or Kelly,

The NAMBA results posted anywhere yet?

I checked the web site already.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

I understand that a 1/8th scale was stolen from a car in the parking lot over the weekend. Can someone please provide the details so I can forward this on to the other areas of our hobby so people can be on the lookout??

Thanks,

I understand that a 1/8th scale was stolen from a car in the parking lot over the weekend. Can someone please provide the details so I can forward this on to the other areas of our hobby so people can be on the lookout??

Thanks,
This was posted by Bill in the General fourm

If you live in the Seattle area please keep an eye out for my 1982 Gilmore Special 1/8 Scale Unlimited Hydroplane that was stolen today at our National event.

The boat was on the back seat of my friends car and entry was gained by breaking the rear window. All his tool box and radio equipment was stolen also.

The police were called and local RC dealers were notified as well as pawn shops. One pawn dealer indicated that all sales are typically reported to police.

This was a broad daylight theft from a pretty busy park, (Twin Lakes, Marysville)

If you hear anything I may be contacted through this site and others.

Thanks,

Bill Brandt

Big congrats Al. Any video? The nitro scale final is on Youtube. Would have loved to have been there. Missed it by a week.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a few photos from the NAMBA Nats.

1. Jim Wilson's 20 Sport Hydro - First

2. Jim Hagan's 20 Sport Hydro - Third

3. Glenn Quarles' 1/2 A Hydro driven by Mike Hughes - First

4. Darin Jordan's P Limited Tunnel - First

5. Eric Bourlet's Lynx Tunnel - First in 20 Stock, Second in 20 Mod, set 6 lap, one mile competition record in 20 Mod

6. Lenny Blake's Gas Rigger - Lenny won lots of trophies, but managed to snag a buoy in one heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few more photos.

1. Karl Morse's Gas Sport

2. Mike/Preston McNight's Gas Rigger

3. Start of a Gas Rigger Heat

4. Chip Hanour(not spelled correctly), former unlimited driver watched the racing on the last Sunday.

5. A TS 3 P-Limited Tunnel flying high. Don't know the driver, just thought it was a cool photo.

6. Karl Morse's Gas Cat - Karl won a bunch of trophies in the gas classes.

7. Lenny Blake's Gas Cat.

Rob Duckering took a bunch of photos and hopefully he will post some of them once he gets home.

JD

I could go on and on how well these NAMBA Nationals were put together by District 8 but I am going to save that for the NAMBA Propwash Newsletter. Maybe some of you who were there could send an article to me of your experiences for the newsletter and let the rest of the world know how good of a time you had. If anyone did not have a good time, then they don't know how to have fun. District 8 did an incredibly excellant job. They put out any little fires that may have popped up and smoozed their guests. We saw only the smoozing. My hat is tipped to the guys and gals that made this event happen.

I also want to thank the class sponsors and those who donated raffle prizes. Without them, there would be no Nationals. If you won a trophy or a prize, a simple thank you to those involved is always greatly appreciated. It meansd a lot to them and they will be back.

Being a person of very few words, I do have to say that the Coors Light Gas Scale was an incredible ride to drive. Mark Sholund's C Mono prop on my CalCraft was complimented by Lenny Blake. I wish that I could have finished four heats and not just have the fastest time. And of all of the hardware I was fortunate to bring home, I will have to say that the buoy killer trophy is the most special to me. And I do mean that. Thank you District 8.

Now I have to leave and go process some NAMBA memberships

Thanks everyone.

Al Waters

I really enjoyed working with you, Al and all those involved in running the event. It was a "Bucket List" of a good time."

Bill Brandt

Back