2014 Herb Stewart Challange - Round III

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I welcome the challenge of another design... we will be bringing a new one very soon too...... cant wait till the WTC...

Shhhh- they are still trying to catch the old one :p :p :p

Shane I think I'm 2 or 3 on the list, once proven- I'm sure Jeff will be all over orders B)

Look out boys, we shifted gears again............

From what I hear about the design- Mark will like this one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
New class, any 21 can or pipe mod vp who's in ?
Hell, I'm running my Mod-Vp in Mod and Stock now locally- who needs a new class.

Imho -for now- We are at the dis-advantage with the Mod VP , No need for a new class unless they start crying if and when we start whooping them-

Gonnna be a min before that happens for now -_-

For now the Sport B engine rules work great. Keeps cost down too. OS, Thunder Tiger and K&B have all shared being out front in the class.

Andy, is that where the raffle boat went?

The thing I like about the class the most is that it is a "pipeless" class. I used to be able to say stock but we all know that word will spark off a $hit storm of technical definitions. LOL :eek:

But on a serious note, I want to promote the class because it is a class that leans to driver ability more than cubic dollars.

Mark, if you would have no objections, I will be glad to make some AutoCAD drawings of your diagrams for you to put in your Mod-VP rule booklet. Of course with your permission as I know this is your pet class and I don't want to step on any toes. If you want me to do this for you, just write me at [email protected]. and I will be glad to help.

-Carl

For now the Sport B engine rules work great. Keeps cost down too. OS, Thunder Tiger and K&B have all shared being out front in the class.

What one Mark ? We are gonna have a few special things for next years race ;)

You provided a raffle boat Mark? What type of boat? Who won it?

Mark, I'm not sure about the Duncans boat - but Windex has the one Randy got and its gonna have a ThunderKitty hanging on it, IF he ever finishes it :rolleyes:

Andy

Im pleased to also announce the Steven Vaccaro of OffShore Electrics has stepped on board to provide the prizes for the F/E classes B) B) B)

Thanks again Steve B)

Just lacking a Gas sponsor at this point guys.

Andy

Mitch,

The lake in J'ville where you tested the .21 last year, is that lake available for a race....
if you are talking about the course behind the Sports Academy building, they will probably not allow a race there. We only have permission to run there on a practice basis. Just an fyi, my younger brother has purchased land in Folkston, Ga and hopefully within the next 60 days we will have a new pond with a surveyed 300' Namba course. Mitch Atwell has started to revive the local club and can give you more info. I have spoken with most of the local Jax. boaters and we are working toward the new pond and club. I'll post the status on the new pond as time goes on.

Mitch,

The lake in J'ville where you tested the .21 last year, is that lake available for a race....
if you are talking about the course behind the Sports Academy building, they will probably not allow a race there. We only have permission to run there on a practice basis. Just an fyi, my younger brother has purchased land in Folkston, Ga and hopefully within the next 60 days we will have a new pond with a surveyed 300' Namba course. Mitch Atwell has started to revive the local club and can give you more info. I have spoken with most of the local Jax. boaters and we are working toward the new pond and club. I'll post the status on the new pond as time goes on.
And here they say nitro is dead ;)

Great news George, keep us posted..........

Andy

I have had discussions with the Brandon club and at this point, I feel its best to turn control of this race over to them. Really the only thing I see possibly changing is the actual date of the last weekend of October-by a week before or after (their call) but it is what it is
default_mellow.png

I will continue my commitment to this race and what I started with the same resolve I always have- its just gonna be the clubs event to run as really nothing has changed, other than the fact the actual club will hold the event, and hopefully it will continue to flourish from there.

I thank those one and all who made it happen, and I urge you to continue to make it an annual event in honor of a true friend and fellow racer, Herbie deserved no less than what you would expect in your passing, esp in light of what he gave to outboard tunnel racing. I'm doing this in the best interest of all involved right now, and will still continue to be an active part of this race.

Andy

Just bringing this back to the top for those interested-

Mark this one on your calenders guys and gals

IF - you have any interest in racing the best of the best in Outboard tunnel racing **** near anywhere in the world,

This is your HEADS UP
default_wink.png

The big guns will be there , will you ?????

Sooo many killer class awards for the winners- perfect weather and some of the best times that can be had.

Not to mention that Sweet Traveling Trophy that has been on Mike's shelf for 2 years in a row-

Who wants it ?????

33m69f6.jpg

Mike who??
default_smile.png

I am seriously planning for this race...maybe some others can grow a pair and make the trek also
default_smile.png

So lets get the details sorted out and let us know who is planning on attending!!

Cheers

Kris thats good news, I will talk with the powers that be in the next few days and hopefully we can hammer down a date so the travelers can make plans-

Would be Awesome to have you , longest traveler award will be added if you make the trek mate
default_wink.png

A reminder of the Goodies on the line -

Mark Sholund- Props4U - 2 Class Sponsor

John Otto- Technology Fuels - 2 Class Sponsor

Glenn Quarles -Top Engines - Awards and Class sponsor

Vision Craft Boats - (your gonna have to wait -but its good
default_wink.png
)

Grim Racer - ( same deal as above )

Carl Van Houten -VansRacing (same deal as above)

Kris Flynn - KND Valkyrie Boats Coming Soon... and of course- Flex Shafts (class sponsor/raffle)

Steven Vaccaro- Offshore Electrics F/E Class Sponsor

Latest posts

Back