2008 NAMBA Nitro & Gas Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rokieboater

The 2008 NAMBA Nationals will be held in Greeley, CO. July 12 -July 19. Our Web Page is up and running. We have the schedule posted as well as a map to the race site. Look back often for updates, we just got this site rolling. We should have our host hotel within the next few weeks as well as sponsorship info. For those of you that have already contacted us we will give you the classes you requested.

Alot of thought and effort went into the making of the schedule with help (and many thanks) from Al Waters, Mark Grim, Russell Starks and Kelly Stout. Thank goodness for e-mail. I would also like to thank Renee P. and Peggy S. of Namba District 9 who have already spent considerable time steering us in the right direction.

The link to the website is

We look forward to seeing you all there.

Robert Holland Co-Contest Director/Grunt

Joe Scarpino Co/contest Director/Computer wiz

Kelly Stout The Big Cheese

P.S. Altitude------5280 feet +/-

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert,

Trailers are loaded waiting for the time to roll. You know 9 will be there for alot of the grut work and also the racing... When do you plan to open the pond for open water as we need to get the boats set up for the mile high air ( or lack of ) I was planning on rolling in on Wenesday morning bafore the contest.

Alan terry

Robert,Trailers are loaded waiting for the time to roll. You know 9 will be there for alot of the grut work and also the racing... When do you plan to open the pond for open water as we need to get the boats set up for the mile high air ( or lack of ) I was planning on rolling in on Wenesday morning bafore the contest.

Alan terry
Alan,

Open water starts on Thursday Morning. Not sure if we can it open for Wednesday but it is something we are looking into. At this point it is a long shot.

Just bring a bunch of smaller props, longer pipes and an oxygen bottle......

Drink Plenty of water the first couple of days in town to avoid altitude sickness.

Robert Holland

Greeley is a very nice site. Altitude differences give us a chance to see if we really can tune boats as well as we think we can. District 20 can now have the home field advantage.

District 9 fantastic at helping at the Nats and always come with a lot of boaters (and lounge chairs and big screen tv's) .

We will all be chipping in and helping D20 just like all of the other Nats. We want their boaters to have as much fun as the rest of us plan on having.

This will be another good one.

Thanks Robert, Joe, Kelly and your district in advance for this Nats.

Al Waters

I have every intention of making this race.. Last time in Greeley was a rough one for me as my dad had a stroke while we were there. I look forward to coming back. It was a beautiful race site. Let Kelly know that I'll be more than happy to help out all day on Sunday and Friday and help as much as possible on other days as well....

I have every intention of making this race.. Last time in Greeley was a rough one for me as my dad had a stroke while we were there. I look forward to coming back. It was a beautiful race site. Let Kelly know that I'll be more than happy to help out all day on Sunday and Friday and help as much as possible on other days as well....

Jay,

we all realize that hosting a Nats is a major under taking. District 20 has requested manpower help. We are actually going to have a committee at Robert Holland and Joe Scarpino's disposal to assist in any capacity they need. They contact Mark Grim and myself and we work for them in delegating and lining up people with projects. When Robert was thanking people like Russ Stark and Kim Grim and Renee Piazza, those were people already in the works helping out.

We think that this will help the smaller districts who have really nice race sites. Hey, even District 9 and our own District 19 need help at Nationals. We are now realizing that and have programs in place.

I don.t want to see Contest Directors so tired that they get a little wet when launching a boat ........ oh.......did I say that? :rolleyes:

Welcome back Jay (not that I ever felt you left). Your help is always very much appreciated.

See ya, Al Waters

You can count the Utah boaters in for this race. I'm looking forward to hangin' out with the Hollands again. Let's see that is about thirty plus boats from here.

Cliff

Cliff,

looking forward to seeing the SLC crew. Just lengthen the pipe on that a-mono about 1/2 inch before you come over the mountains.

Anyone from the East coast or the Aussie crew trying to make it to the 08 Namba Nats?

Robert Holland

P.S. Corona is readily available for all those that want it......................We will even supply the limes.

At the Brandon, FL race this past weekend our Club, Space Coast Rudder Busters, discussed this very subject. We have interest from Steve Gultairi, John Chisty, Jack St.Clair and myself to attend. Nothing definite yet at this point but the interest is there. How does that expression go: "Where there is a will, there is a way." Perry

I know Eric and I will be stopping in to run a few. Not going to stay the whole week.

Mike

We have updated the WEB site to include a class schedule and SPONSOR SHIP FORM. Those wishing to sponsor a class or other area are encouraged to download the form and get it back to us quickly.

We should have a deal inked for the host hotel next week. WWW.2008NAMBANATS.COM

We look forward to a great event.

Robert Holland

Well it's official, we received our first entry today. Keep them coming in racers

We look forward to seeing you here in Colorado.

Robert

www.2008Nambanats.com

Host Hotel information is now available the 2008 NAMBA Nats.

Go to www.2008nambanats.com and click on LODGING to get the host hotel info.

33 boats entered as of today. :p

Robert Holland

Well we have Southern California, Northern California, Montana and Colorada represented for this years Nationals.

Whats up with the Boys from Utah, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Florida, Kansas and so on and so on?

Any other Districts or States planning on coming to Colorado this year?

We around seventy boats entered so far.

DON"T FORGET THIS IS NITRO AND GAS!!!!!!!!!!

Robert Holland

Check out the website for new updates as well as the NEWS Link.

Really cool raffle prize listed.

Robert Holland

www.2008nambanats.com

We got our first entry from the good state of Oregon.

Class sponsorships are coming in and we appreciate each and everyone of you who have step up to support our Nationals.

Go to www.2008Nambanats.com to see the sponsors.

Also look at the cool raffle donations.

Lets get those entries in.

Thanks,

Robert Holland

A BIG THANKS to Kim Grim. She has volunteered to manage our entries and build all of our heat sheets.

For those of you that don't know her. She lives in California and the Nationals are in Colorado. She heard we could use some help and decided to offer her expertise in this area.

This takes a big load off of us here as we continue to prepare for the NAMBA Nationals.

Remember all are welcome to come and race.

Robert Holland

Back