1/6th Scale Crackerbox Rules - New Club Class Getting Underway

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

Hi Gang... The boys over at RumRunner Racing have been discussing playing around with a new Club level racing class, and it sounds like fun so I thought I'd post the ruleset we've come up with.

The class will be the 1/6th Scale Crackerbox, and will use the same power rules as the current 1/10th Scale Unlimiteds (SV27, BJ26, or Himax 3630-1500 on 4S).

Several people have already started scratch builds, and I know of at least one glass hull that is going to be available shortly...

Should be a fun class to play around with. We figured we'd share the rules so if clubs want to participate, everyone will be on the same page and getting together to race these won't be an issue.

Let the FUN begin!!

The rules are quite literally the current NAMBA Gas Crackerbox rules combined with the current NAMBA 1/10th FE Crackerbox rules, with the dimensions adjusted to fit the 1/6th scale size...

The rules are as follows:

1/6th Scale Crackerbox

A.
All boats will be models of full sized Crackerboxes.

B.
The letter “P” must precede or follow the NAMBA number on each side of the hull.

C.
The minimum length will be 28 inches and maximum length will be 32 inches.

D.
Minimum beam width will be 9.5 inches.

E.
Minimum transom width will be 8.25 inches.

F.
The bottom must be generally flat with a maximum of a 5-degree V at the transom. There may not be any pads or lap strakes.

G.
The deck and hatch must resemble that of a full sized Crackerbox.

H.
Two drivers of 1/6th scale size and appearance, wearing helmets and life preservers must be used. A steering wheel, instrument panel, and other detailing is encouraged.

I.
No servo adjusted trim tabs are permitted.

J.
Drive Train

1)
A single motor will be coupled directly to a straight drive shaft. A flex shaft may be used in a straight tube.

2)
The propeller may not extend beyond the back edge of the transom.

3)
Trim plates may be used.

4)
Steering will be by a rudder mounted under the hull or attached to the transom.

5)
No part (rudder, trim plates, etc) may more than 2" behind the transom.

K.
Motor Specification
1)
Power in this class shall be limited to a single HIMAX HB3630-1500, BLACKJACK A3630-1500 or AQUACRAFT 36/56 (commonly referred to as SV27).

2)
No modifications may be made to the motor. Except for normal wear, drive flats or keys, electrical connectors and water cooling, it must be run as shipped from the manufacturer.

3)
Power Limits: P-Class Power Limits shall apply.

L.
Racing Format

1)
Heat racing format will be used.

2)
The Contest Director will determine the scoring format, i.e. total points or a “winner take all” final heat format.

Latest posts

Back