Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo

Eagle Twin overhaul complete

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Greg Wannamaker

Greg Wannamaker

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

Sorry guys, no video but it ran well in its maiden voyage. Sent out rich, gradually leaned it in and when it cleaned out it began to really move and almost perfect handling. Time to bring it in only to find that the one of my throttle arms came loose and lost my shut down but just richened it until it quit. You all remember our boom tube discussion, done for the day, split my boom tubes good. All part of the testing shake down runs.

All smiles here, Allen Yuen looked worried, he has got some competition when I deal with the bugs!!!!

Woooooohooooooo!

Attached Files

Edited by Greg Wannamaker, 19 May 2018 - 03:16 PM.

#32 charles siler

charles siler

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

Man thats the first time that Ive seen the booms split . Congrats on the test run that should be super fast and hard to beat!!!

Edited by charles siler, 19 May 2018 - 12:43 PM.

#33 Greg Wannamaker

Greg Wannamaker

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:56 PM

Man thats the first time that Ive seen the booms split . Congrats on the test run that should be super fast and hard to beat!!!

My bad, I used 632 bolts, simple fix and all should be good.

#34 Greg Wannamaker

Greg Wannamaker

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

Did some hot laps with it too, could run wide and wail and ran some tight turns and still ran well and didn’t complain about it. Could even left turn correct without any fuss. Still smiling!

#35 charles siler

charles siler

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

Hey Greg what’s your strut angle looks pretty steep?

#36 David Bryant

David Bryant

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:45 PM

My bad, I used 632 bolts, simple fix and all should be good.

what size bolts are best for this? 8-32? 10-32?

#37 Danny King

Danny King

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

Start with 4-40 then go to 6-32. Doubling up on the turnfin side.

#38 ALLAN YUEN

ALLAN YUEN

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

I helped him so I watched pretty good increase speed but his boat seem little hopping. Found his boom main were very bad cracked

#39 Greg Wannamaker

Greg Wannamaker

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:32 PM

Hey Greg what’s your strut angle looks pretty steep?

In haven’t measured them, I just eye balled them like most of my Eagles, my guess would be maybe 1-2 degrees, just a little negative angle. My first run was on a set of 1667’s cut down and pitched at 6”. Once I deal with the minor gremlins, the motors fully break in I
will push things out to the max. Once I get there I have a couple of new game changer props pictched out to 6.5 and just under 7. When I begin to try those I will check the angle more accurately. This is a dual ski boat and it’s my hope that will limit the amount of negative angle I need to tune into it, the 4-6 degrees you have your boat tuned to sounds like so much misdirected thrust energy. When I get there those answers should present themselves.

Depending what photo you are looking at, I had the struts loose and just hanging there.

#40 Greg Wannamaker

Greg Wannamaker

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

I helped him so I watched pretty good increase speed but his boat seem little hopping. Found his boom main were very bad cracked

When the booms fully split Allen believed that was contributing to that late run bounce, as for me, I was busy smiling and just driving it!!!!