Zippkits Gas Envy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to inform everyone I did not post video to impress anyone with speed of boat.
I understand I am no way near what will be required to be competitive.

This is just the beginning of the testing.

looking at drivability at present time. I realized after I came home there is one area I need to adjust and forgot to approach it that day.
The right sponson is digging all the way around the coarse. Need to adjust on turn fin to run more neutral.

I also will increase my option of props and started sneaking up on the mph.

As most racers understand... there is more to racing then just speed. Need to be able to drive anywhere on the coarse. Keep the boat right side up. And the most important... finish heats.

More testing to come..

Last edited:
It looks like you chopped a good 6 inches off the total length of the tub you don't have that third hatch cover anymore. The sponsons appear to be the same length except for adding the third riding pad. Be interesting to see how it comes out from all the testing.

It looks like you chopped a good 6 inches off the total length of the tub you don't have that third hatch cover anymore. The sponsons appear to be the same length except for adding the third riding pad. Be interesting to see how it comes out from all the testing.
Yes-this tub is same length as the original version of the Envy.
I plan on doing a lot of experimenting with the R&D on this boat. As stated... this is just the beginning 👍

what did you use for the third boom on the skid fin side? Sorry I'm new to riggers and picked up an envy and getting ready to start putting it together.

Great Job Tom, the new hull looks awesome, have to say, you can loose those flames on the side, it takes away from the total package of a great looking ENVY. I do like the Racers Edge black/white checker lay-out. Love that right side turn fin sponson support, like to see a good shot of that set-up. YOU GOT THE ENVY ROCKING, GREAT JOB !!

Great Job Tom, the new hull looks awesome, have to say, you can loose those flames on the side, it takes away from the total package of a great looking ENVY. I do like the Racers Edge black/white checker lay-out. Love that right side turn fin sponson support, like to see a good shot of that set-up. YOU GOT THE ENVY ROCKING, GREAT JOB !!
Thanks John,
I have the sponsons off right now.
I’ll send some pics later this week.
TD

Tom the boat looks nice. Would u be able to post a picture of the engine for me?
I have the motor out of the hull right now. It is a Gizmo 30 plus with billet case. I’ll send some pics.
If you need any with motor in boat, I’ll send later this week.
TD

Attachments

• D2E405CD-99AF-4047-9674-AC402EAF986E.jpeg
    D2E405CD-99AF-4047-9674-AC402EAF986E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • 18074233-2A02-41CC-89F8-6DA3A9AB10E8.jpeg
    18074233-2A02-41CC-89F8-6DA3A9AB10E8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • BA3002CD-2133-4407-A429-410320D227A8.jpeg
    BA3002CD-2133-4407-A429-410320D227A8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
What size prop did you try TOM
The last prop I ran was a propworks 7017-440- HR.
Also ran a abc 2817 pitched up.

I was definitely scrubbing a lot of speed with the turn fin.
I am working with a new idea on the profile of the fin to help with prop walk. My goal with this project is a boat that tracks straight and is able to snap turn on the buoys .
It is a work in progress.
I have a lot of catching up to do in the area of props on a gas rigger.

I have several areas with this boat that I am changing and testing.
If I come up with a package that is where I want to be, then Zippkits is going to include
the changes in a kit.

Props from COCR snd Dasboata are on the list.
TD

Last edited:
Yes-this tub is same length as the original version of the Envy.
I plan on doing a lot of experimenting with the R&D on this boat. As stated... this is just the beginning 👍
so what did you do with the 3rd hatch cover, on mine and even on Zippkitts website it still shows or has 3 hatch covers behind the engine compartment.89635961_3393264220689332_6139328348569993216_o.jpg119140272_3931995790149503_3746271112667930356_n.jpg

so what did you do with the 3rd hatch cover, on mine and even on Zippkitts website it still shows or has 3 hatch covers behind the engine compartment.View attachment 286244View attachment 286245
I am working with Zippkits with this project. We agreed to work together on a NEW prototype and I offered to do the R&D and testing.
I decided I wanted to work with the shorter tub at this time.
The very first design of the Envy had a shorter tub. It is not listed anymore on the zippkits web site.

I am posting our progress on this forum to inform boaters of this NEW project.

Several boaters were not always happy with the performance of this kit. So I decided to jump in with both feet and work on and fine tune
several areas.

The plan is to offer the changes in a new kit when I am happy with the results. R&D first ....then offer a kit👍

I just looked back to confirm:
The first post on this thread, I do
mention this is a new project we are working on.
TD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back