zipp kit rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scootertrash

Has anyone built a zipp kit rigger.if so how was it.is it a good rigger.any bad things about it.give me your comments

Has anyone built a zipp kit rigger.if so how was it.is it a good rigger.any bad things about it.give me your comments
Are you talking about the JAE .12G ? Ull have to get on the waiting list, but from what Ive been hearing and SEEN, it will be well worth the wait.

Larry Jr.

It goes together very well several posts already in JAP-JAE post. I added minor things I would and did and will change .I mostly just have to add top & ski.Still debating on hardware & seals"holding me back". Wood clears very nicely too.My foam for the sponsons ended up a little high on top low on bottom because of the predrilled holes in the foam.Another issue with one piece of plywood being short was already resolved in the next batch, by the time I gave my feedback no big deal and I was thanked for the feedback.Every other piece is perfect.I think this kit & boat is a great opportunity and nice challenge for anyone that hasn't built a wood boat. Incredible price.

Check all your epoxied pieces right before they set up if you have to give them a little shift "overhangs especially" if it's starting to get kinda firm ,a little heat from a hair dryer or heat gun will soften just enough for a little tweak and will set up quickly there after.

Great planes aluminum sanding block with the stick on paper was a good investment for me it's very true and has great control.Also got a white thin &firm, wet or dry sanding pad from hobby lobby 300&400 grit for like 2.50 supposed to out last sand paper 10to1 it's very nice as well.

Boaters,

I have a friend here that will build them for $60.00 shipped to you.

West System epoxy and they are beautiful when completed. Heck for $60.00

I wouldn't even open the box or glue container, but I am spoiled. :D

Mike Crawford of Woodstuff Boats would be happy to build them for you.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Boaters,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Can i get an address to ship my kit to him? For 60.00 Ill be glad to let him build it....any ideas on how much time from build to ship? Im not in a BIG hurry, but didnt want to have to wait 6 months either.....Thanks, Bill

Boaters,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Can i get an address to ship my kit to him? For 60.00 Ill be glad to let him build it....any ideas on how much time from build to ship? Im not in a BIG hurry, but didnt want to have to wait 6 months either.....Thanks, Bill
Call Mike and get his address and an estimated delivery date...............Mike is good people and he does what he says he is going to do.............If he didn't I wouldn't have asked him to build the JAE boats for people.......His woodworking skills are second to none....

I would really suggest you do this pretty quickly..... when the .21 plans and kits are released,I am 99% sure Mike is going to become a pretty busy boy...... ;) ....you snooze and you are gonna lose........

1-262-210-9403

Note:Mike is a retired carpenter and is home most anytime working on Woodstuff Tunnels........

Bill,

It will only take about a week or two at the most.

Mike is an awesome builder of wood boats. I will

shoot you the info later today.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Rod and Mark, coming from you guys about Mikes abilities, im sure i can take that to the bank!...I will give him a call...id build the thing myself as i LOVE building wood boats, but ive got 3 on the board as it is, and i really want to see this little rigger run! Many Thanks, Bill

Rod and Mark...just got off the phone with Mike..SUPER nice guy...needless to say im sending him the kit the first of next week...kills me to do this, but ive got three on the building board as it is and not enough time...and you just cant beat the price he is asking for building these neat little boats....thanks again, Bill

The boats Mike builds, his own or for someone else are absoulty top shelf.

He has designed his own tunnel hulls for years and they are top notch boats.

You will be really hard pressed to find a better builder, he is one of the best.

Very easy to deal with and a very nice guy.

Mike is an excellent builder for sure.

Note that we can send kits directly to mike, just let us know.

Joe

The boats Mike builds, his own or for someone else are absoulty top shelf.

He has designed his own tunnel hulls for years and they are top notch boats.

You will be really hard pressed to find a better builder, he is one of the best.

Very easy to deal with and a very nice guy.
Nice Guy for sure but easy to deal with, I am not sure. I called him fozzy bear once and he did not like it. :lol:

Back