ZENOAH VS QUICKDRAW

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

WHAT MOTOR WOULD HAVE A BETER SPEED POTENTIAL; MODIFIED ZENOAH OR A STOCK QUICKDRAW ? THANKS BOB MILLER

A stock from the factory Quickdraw holds the SAW record of 109+ mph. No Zenoah has a SAW record over 100 mph. The best Quickdraws show at least 1 hp more than the best modified Zenoah we have tested.

Lohring Miller

i have a qd high torque in my sport hydro and have had no problems to date,did some research before i puchased the qd and by the time you buy the zenoah and have it modified with correct pipe it is about the same price.

A stock from the factory Quickdraw holds the SAW record of 109+ mph. No Zenoah has a SAW record over 100 mph. The best Quickdraws show at least 1 hp more than the best modified Zenoah we have tested.
Lohring Miller
Um... it may not hold the record, but Jeff from Insane still broke 100mph with a zenoah powered rigger....

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading on the Quickdraw site I had to agree with QD. If you need a jug for a Zenoah then you will have to pay to have it modified by hand or you can pay $100 for a machined QD sleeve that slides in place. If you need a Zenoah piston then you have to pay to have it turned down and lightened or you can by a stock Zenoah piston and put it in the QD. Most everything else is the same. Even the price. QD does dyno each engine before it leaves the shop to make sure it does perform.

For the PERFORMANCE...............!!!!! The M&D CAST is THE HAMMERR!!!!!!!! FOR WHAT WE DO!!! ;) ;) ;)

CC racing motor went over 100+mph in a insane hydro I think Jeff still has it on his website.

Last edited by a moderator:
although its not the original question .. i am with chuck here. .. the MD cast motor is one of the most powerfull motors i ever run .. mine is at 6.9 hp , even at 17900 rpm ...

ooh my god, and i am putting it in my rigger !! :blink:

Jeroen

I repeat, no boater other than Mike Bontoft holds a gas record over 100 mph. A one way pass is not a record. We went 101 several times with our sport hydro, but the record is 97 mph.

The M&D cast cylinder motor is a great engine, but it is not as powerful as a Quickdraw in our dyno tests. It could be modified to give more power, but that would take away its ease of use.

Lohring Miller

I repeat, no boater other than Mike Bontoft holds a gas record over 100 mph. A one way pass is not a record. We went 101 several times with our sport hydro, but the record is 97 mph.

Record or not... still went 100mph with a zenoah.

I talked with Todd at QD about the record setting motor and you are not going to heat race anything with that engine. Records are impressive but I do not think that is the way to determine a good heat racing engine.

Honestly any of them will probably hold their own if set up correctly.

good post preston .. i (we ) asume that Bob miller is looking for an allround powerfull motor .. if you want heat race a zenoah (by any motor tuner you like ) is the most easy since the class is the biggest .. the QD will run in aother class , so is the MD motor .. its all up what you want .. and i can imagine that that monster QD motor that hold the record will not perform that good in heat race. .

here the QD motors are all on sale .. the people who were running them were all passed by modded zenoahs and they all had problems with keeping that motor a high power formule 1 motor .. thay all changed back to zenoah .. here and thereyou see some QD motors but they dont perform better than our zeni's the MD is the motor to look for here. . there is no limit in theis motor .. i got it in my lazer and in heat race it was a hand full , i took it out and going to do some hydro racing with it in a rigger ..

may be we like the hobby simple at this side of the pond .. just pull and run .. no need for fine tuning a high end motor .. (according to the QD owners here .. )

Jeroen

Like I said................."FOR What WE DO!! CIRCLE RACING. OVAL RACING. ROUND d ROUND Racing.

I have SEEN THEM ALL!!! FROM THE CD STAND, NO LESS!!!!!! M&D CAST!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

" OH.....................BUT THE WAIT!!! OMG...............OHN!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back