Zenoah primer bulb problem. No fuel.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyual767

I've posted this question on another forum so if you saw it there as well, I apologize.

My primer bulb used to work real good. When I'd pump the bulb, it would fill with gas and a good solid shot of fuel would move through the lines and back into the tank.

I took the carb apart last winter after my final run because it just wasn't running right. The first time out this year, it ran great but this primer bulb is real "mushy" and seems to move more air than fuel. Obviously something is wrong. Can someone help me. Thanks!

Sometimes the bulb will have a pin hole in it and will not suck the fuel up !!! Did you set the .010 clearance between the needle and diaphram ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you set the .010 clearance between the needle and diaphram ??
When I took the carb apart last winter, I was very careful to put it back together just the way it came apart, except for the gummy varnish :D . I didn't measure anything. It does seem like the diaphram could have a pinhole in it. I started the engine today. When I pressed on the bulb, almost no fuel was in it and I could see that almost no fuel moved through the main feed line. The bulb is not working. I put my finger over the carb and pulled the rope. The engine started right up after that. I guess I could keep doing that but it would be nice if I could get the bulb working again.

Most of them have a screen in the fuel inlet on the inside of the carb

It's either the bulb or the passageway !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can't find the problem any small engine shop can fix it !! I know you didn't won't to hear that !!!!!

If you can't find the problem any small engine shop can fix it !! I know you didn't won't to hear that !!!!!
Noooooooooo :D ! I'll take the thing apart next weekend when I'll have some time to mess with it again. Maybe I'll find whats wrong with it. Like I said, I can prime the carb with my finger over the carb and pulling the rope but it would be nice if I could get the bulb to work again. Thanks for the replies everyone.

The bulbs themselves crack from time to time. Could be a pin hole anwhere in your fuel system, if it runs good (on the water) then I would just replace the bulb. If it stalls under load then you need to check everything.

Back