• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

You Know you want it

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, I got the Corsair, **** Top-Flite's fly like a model,, the F8F Bearcat was their best flyer B)

Long time Kevin. You need to get back into tunnel boats. Just a hop skip and a jump across NC to the biggest tunnel race in the world. Come on you know you want to. :p

It’s actually not for me….I got it for my Stepdad…he’s pretty bad off with Alzheimers and it not capable of putting this kit together any longer. I went ahead and purchased the ARF kit in stead as it looks like I’ll be putting it together for him….full retratcts, G62 Bisson Muffler etc. I don’t do RC any longer so I’m calling this his toy ;)

You Corsair guys would drop a load if you knew what I was up to in my play time :rolleyes:

http://f4u-buildproject.org/

All the best,

KB

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I got the Corsair, **** Top-Flite's fly like a model,, the F8F Bearcat was their best flyer B)
a corsair oh man i hate them planes tipstaling boogers that they are na thats cool at least im not the only flyer in here lol
I thru in some more "washout" in the wing when I was building the Corsair. Full flaps carrier style landings all day long.

Most all those carrier models need some washout in their wing tips or you will "tip stall" allot!

I built two Bearcats though, the Top-Flite and better, the Royal kit model,, both flew like the real mcCoy,

Real Hot Rods.

a corsair oh man i hate them planes tipstaling boogers that they are na thats cool at least im not the only flyer in here lol
I thru in some more "washout" in the wing when I was building the Corsair. Full flaps carrier style landings all day long.

Most all those carrier models need some washout in their wing tips or you will "tip stall" allot!

I built two Bearcats though, the Top-Flite and better, the Royal kit model,, both flew like the real mcCoy,

Real Hot Rods.
iv flown a lot of war birds and the corsairs are the only ones i didnt like but that was only because they tipstall so bad iv never flown a bearcat but iv heard that they fly great

Jerr.

I actually got this one because it is supposedly easy to fly. My stepdad has around 20,000 hours in a myriad of planes and helicopters too . He's never flown RC but that's about all he can fly now that he can fly now that he cant pass a flight physical. I haven't flown an RC airplane in about 5-6 years ….although I figure I can handle this too. I fly the real ones pretty regularly (not the warbirds but the tamer family carriers :) ). Can you say Riley Rocket?? Anyway,,…the biggest problem for me at the moment is figuring out how to program these freggin flaperons!

I figure if he busts it up,…a new wingset is only about $175 and a case of Guiness is only about $15. :) hopefully everything else will be salvageable

I’m actually planning to mount the gear with a weak mounting so that it will break before bending ( I have about $300 in the landing gear............…call me a cheapskate).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerr.
I actually got this one because it is supposedly easy to fly. My stepdad has around 20,000 hours in a myriad of planes and helicopters too . He's never flown RC but that's about all he can fly now that he can fly now that he cant pass a flight physical. I haven't flown an RC airplane in about 5-6 years ….although I figure I can handle this too. I fly the real ones pretty regularly (not the warbirds but the tamer family carriers :) ). Can you say Riley Rocket?? Anyway,,…the biggest problem for me at the moment is figuring out how to program these freggin flaperons!

I figure if he busts it up,…a new wingset is only about $175 and a case of Guiness is only about $15. :) hopefully everything else will be salvageable

I’m actually planning to mount the gear with a weak mounting so that it will break before bending ( I have about $300 in the landing gear............…call me a cheapskate).
what radio are you using mabey i can help

A G62 seems large but I guess it is a 1/5th scale,, the weak landing gear mount will probably limit you to one

flight so you can hit the Guiness straight away :lol:

Back