yep, got another question!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
As im building my 73 pak, im begining to realize is that its probably going to be on the heavy side...I tend to overbuild my

stuff, and believe that a little bit of weight isnt always a bad thing for heat racing, especially in florida..(lots of windy days!) my question is which engine is best suited to handle a heavier scale hydro? I have a MAC sitting IN MY 82 Executone, and i have 2 K&B 67s,one disk, one drum....what i dont have is a CMB 67 greenhead which it seems almost everyone is running...my guess is this boat is going to weigh between 16 to 18 lbs when complete..looking forward to all opinions, Thanks, Bill

As im building my 73 pak, im begining to realize is that its probably going to be on the heavy side...I tend to overbuild my stuff, and believe that a little bit of weight isnt always a bad thing for heat racing, especially in florida..(lots of windy days!) my question is which engine is best suited to handle a heavier scale hydro? I have a MAC sitting IN MY 82 Executone, and i have 2 K&B 67s,one disk, one drum....what i dont have is a CMB 67 greenhead which it seems almost everyone is running...my guess is this boat is going to weigh between 16 to 18 lbs when complete..looking forward to all opinions, Thanks, Bill
Bill, Alot has to do with the way you drive, a Mac will flame out if you throttled down in a heavy boat. The CMB with 9 b seems to be the ticket. Run the boat with both motors, (Mac & KB drum) should give you the answer your looking for. B) B)

I run a MAC in my Scale boat and its farily heavy. Don't over prop a MAC, shorter pipe length, smaller prop, spin more RPM. It will run with the CMB's.

Josh-

My 79 Bud is 18+ and the green head definately has the grunt to push it. Make sure you have plenty of fuel capacity they are thirsty ;) .

gh

The Circus I got from Mike did not like anything short on power @ 18lbs-the purple head CMB didn't get it done. :huh: Green head CMB or let Norm work his majic on the Kaboom and hope for the best. The Atlas is coming in WAY light(empty boat is 8+lbs including the 3 inches of clegicell :eek: if you want a deal- LOL ;)

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
My 79 Bud is 18+ and the green head definately has the grunt to push it. Make sure you have plenty of fuel capacity they are thirsty ;) .gh
Hi Greg, how much fuel do you carry in your bud with the CMB greenhead? At this point with my PAK im looking at just enough room in the sponsons for 2- 10 ounce Walt Barney tanks and MAYBE a 1or 2 ounce header tank IF i can find a place to put it! Thanks, Bill

Bill,

I carry 20 and 2, I go in at 2:00 four or five lap mill depending on lane and at the cool down lap I'm just getting into the 2 oz header. I wouldn't go less than that, you don't want to worry about fuel and trying to get a lane.

sorry about the different post name. I'm Greg at work and Timebandit at home, just been too lazy to consolidate :rolleyes:

good luck

Greg Hahn

Bill,I carry 20 and 2, I go in at 2:00 four or five lap mill depending on lane and at the cool down lap I'm just getting into the 2 oz header. I wouldn't go less than that, you don't want to worry about fuel and trying to get a lane.

sorry about the different post name. I'm Greg at work and Timebandit at home, just been too lazy to consolidate :rolleyes:

good luck

Greg Hahn
Too busy building pretty boats and airplanes is more like it Bill, dont let him fool ya ;)

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back