XXXXXXXXX is the 2006 Rookie of the year !!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Whitt

Because it is our oppinion that atracting new drivers to the nationals is so important I believe we should offer a ROOKIE OF THE YEAR award to give new racers an incentive to be able to come to a national event,Rub shoulders with experienced racers but yet be awarded points for there performance against other rookie drivers.

I am thinking that a rookie driver could be tracked on (no less than) 4 best classes.Drop his worst,add the points and there you go.

What is a rookie driver ?

Anyone that has been to no more than 3 NAMBA and IMPBA sanctioned events combined.

Input please !!

Dennis Whitt said:
What is a rookie driver ?

90296[/snapback]

In our club it's their first full year of competitive racing. Most of the time it needs no further clarification, but I do remeber once decideding that a guy who joined our club the last two races of the year was still eligible for the award the following year. We considered him a red shirt, well, you know what I mean, by no means did I mean to imply the "Red Shirt" guys were rookies!

Dick

Dennis Whitt said:
Because it is our oppinion that atracting new drivers to the nationals is so important I believe we should offer a ROOKIE OF THE YEAR award to give new racers an incentive to be able to come to a national event
90296[/snapback]

I think it's a nice idea although, I doubt it will do anything to attract new drivers to the Nats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch Doug.I would expect from you that if you just plane didnt like an idea that you would at least offer something you think may be better Instead of just a flat no.

Believe it or not Doug there are people out there that go to clubs and have the ability to do this but just need a little insentive.You paint a pretty dark picture for a fellow race organizer.Shame on you !!

Infact I dont know why we bother to do this at all.Its just such a damned inconvenience and WAY too expensive. :(

Dennis Whitt said:
Ouch Doug.I would expect from you that if you just plane didnt like an idea that you would at least offer something you think may be better Instead of just a flat no.Believe it or not Doug there are people out there that go to clubs and have the ability to do this but just need a little insentive.You paint a pretty dark picture for a fellow race organizer.Shame on you !!

90336[/snapback]

That from the poster boy of telling it like it is?

Please tell me where you see the "flat no" in my post oh "He Who Wears His Heart on His Forearm".

You asked for input, you got it.

Tough love, Dennis.

Hey Boys,

LMAO!!!!!! Go Dougie-Mon go!

Dennis, tell ole' Doug you'll show him what tough love is when he comes to MI.

Doug, don't let Dennis bully you around. Tell him you know what's best for this hobbie and he should get a clue. :lol:

See ya,

Paul. :ph34r:

Paul Pachmayer said:
Hey Boys,
LMAO!!!!!! Go Dougie-Mon go!

Dennis, tell ole' Doug you'll show him what tough love is when he comes to MI.

Doug, don't let Dennis bully you around. Tell him you know what's best for this hobbie and he should get a clue. :lol:

See ya,

Paul. :ph34r:

90360[/snapback]

Paul

You are a man after my own hart.

One of my most favorite things at work was to walk over to a few guys having a discussion, on the best way to proceed with a job.

I would step in with a few comments that would start them at each other. I would then retreat back to my desk.

After a few minutes they would notice me sitting there watching them.

Then realize exactly what I did.

I love steering the pot.

Larry

Anyone that has been to no more than 3 NAMBA and IMPBA sanctioned events combined.Input please !!
Dennis by these terms I am a rookie.. Do you think I should have a chance in the running..

make it 2

I like the idea of Rookie classification. At many rc car races hey have rookie recognition, and at regional races there are beginner classes to get newer racers involved without fear of being embarrased by seasoned racers. At an even as prestigious at the FE Nats, it would be great to have some awards that the newbies can gun for!

My main goal of going to the national race (in order of priority):

1. have fun (if that is ever not first...I will pack it in)

2. meet some of the folks I have met online boards and spoken to over phone

3. learn from some of the national level/sponsored racers

4. compete with the best

5. hope to race well, finish in decent standing, and improve my racing skills

I am not sure that the rookie award would attract me there, or conversely if I would be intimidated if not measured against other rookies. Since the other items are more important to me, I would likely come out and play anyway, but it sure would be cool to be in the hunt for points and awards with racers closer to my experience/skills.

Keep the great ideas flowing!

Ken

kensmith said:
I like the idea of Rookie classification. At many rc car races hey have rookie recognition, and at regional races there are beginner classes to get newer racers involved without fear of being embarrased by seasoned racers. At an even as prestigious at the FE Nats, it would be great to have some awards that the newbies can gun for! 

My main goal of going to the national race (in order of priority):

1. have fun (if that is ever not first...I will pack it in)

2. meet some of the folks I have met online boards and spoken to over phone

3. learn from some of the national level/sponsored racers

4. compete with the best

5. hope to race well, finish in decent standing, and improve my racing skills

I am not sure that the rookie award would attract me there, or conversely if I would be intimidated if not measured against other rookies. Since the other items are more important to me, I would likely come out and play anyway, but it sure would be cool to be in the hunt for points and awards with racers closer to my experience/skills.

Keep the great ideas flowing! 

Ken

90425[/snapback]

You can say that again....Oh yah did hehehehehe !!

Can we add act a fool to Kens list? It's on mine. I nearly got that part down.

All kidding aside. This is a great idea Dennis. Even my wife said so and she's got very little love fer FE boats.

Latest posts

Back