XM OS21 POWERHEAD ONTO A KB LOWER UNIT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winzracing

Hi guys , I have a 3.5 OS POWEREHEAD and i want to adapt fit it too a KB lower unit . the KB lower has been modified to run the pipe . is there a adaptor the OS fits onto ??? cheers

I think everyone is trying to be nice and not make a negative comment. If you have an OS lower already it is far superior to the K&B and will accept most pipes without modification. If it's an economy move you could make a spacer plate to adjust for the shaft mismatch and tap screws youself. No one is going to make money making this adapter as the K&B lower is junk compared to the OS.

Sorry I have to call it like it is.

Mic

I am with Mic On this one.

I wouldn't run a K/B lower with the OS.I would run the OS lower if it was me.With the OS lower it sets the prop back more than the K/B.

My .02 cents

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks BOYS , If thats the case then I will go by what you are saying.I was going thru some model stuff the other day and came across a KB lower and a OS powerhead so was just wondering about it. great thank you for the advice. cheers

You could probably make one for yourself with a plate. The issue is the KB cable will be too short. Not sure what the difference length of cable is from the KB to the OS, but I know it is longer. If you make the plate that thick it will work. My first choice would be to go with the OS lower. Awesome lower. No other is better.

Mike

Lawless has an adapter for the OS motor. I believe the lawless and K&B are the same pattern. The part is around $12.

Hope this helps, Tim

and kris flynn can make flex's to fit, just give him the length you need. btw, someone, maybe rod g. , ran a dyno test on available lowers. k&b registered the lowest frictional driveline loss.........os, lawless, rek, bullet drive, you name it.

and kris flynn can make flex's to fit, just give him the length you need. btw, someone, maybe rod g. , ran a dyno test on available lowers. k&b registered the lowest frictional driveline loss.........os, lawless, rek, bullet drive, you name it.
I'll secon that I remember reading about that lower unit test. There is also a very good propshaft assemble you can buy, help me out someone. Forgot where to get it (I'm getting old).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll secon that I remember reading about that lower unit test. There is also a very good propshaft assemble you can buy, help me out someone. Forgot where to get it (I'm getting old).
I believe Big Bryon had some prop shafts if I remember right.

Brian Nelson made the best prop shaft assemblies. OER sold them and he sold them later to John Otto. He (Otto) still has some of the Nelson assemblies, both 3.5 & 7.5.

hyperformance makes a good k&b propshaft, but it's longer than stock, can have water pickup to prop clearance issues.

That's good to know Robin, as I was actually looking at them for my FE K&B lower... ;)

Latest posts

Back