Wtd SPORT 40 Plans

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.R.Joye

I'm looking for a SP40 winter project. Really like to newer designs, like a Pruese, Blazer etc whats available for builders?

HydroConcept.jpg

I think the whip is about all there is for a kit, but I've been wrong many times before!

I'm looking for a SP40 winter project. Really like to newer designs, like a Pruese, Blazer etc whats available for builders?
I have a Sport 40 set of plans for a round noise. Send me you're email I'll send you a picture of the boat.

Kami

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Sport 40 set of plans for a round noise. Send me you're email I'll send you a picture of the boat.

Kami
Kami, If K.R. Joye is not intrested in the plans for that boat-put me on the list-I'd love to build a drop sponson sport 40.

Thanks,

Glenn

Kami
Kami, If K.R. Joye is not intrested in the plans for that boat-put me on the list-I'd love to build a drop sponson sport 40.

Thanks,

Glenn
Glenn, you have a personal message. I am looking for a sport 40 dropped sponson plan. as well.

Thanks

Nice looking boat what hull is that.
I'm not sure. But here are somemore Pictures,

The Hull is Tom Taggart he is the guy that made this boat

& Sold me the plans for $50.00 I do have his Phone # for any questions

on the build of this boat.

Kami

100.JPG

101.JPG

102.JPG

103.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
before you pull the trigger you might want to think about getting a set of plans from Newton Marine and reducing them for the size you want to build the sport 40. any blueprint shop can reduce or enlarge and there are many plans to choose from At newton marine.

before you pull the trigger you might want to think about getting a set of plans from Newton Marine and reducing them for the size you want to build the sport 40. any blueprint shop can reduce or enlarge and there are many plans to choose from At newton marine.
Just to add a little more to using Newton plans, you will need to widen the tunnel to around 10". Otherwise you will have a boat of similar size to the Dumas Sport 40s and they were poor handling boats

due to being too narrow

Great advice Guys thanks!

Ken

Just to add a little more to using Newton plans, you will need to widen the tunnel to around 10". Otherwise you will have a boat of similar size to the Dumas Sport 40s and they were poor handling boats

due to being too narrow

I've got a set of Dave Frank Sport 40 plans I would let go for cheep if you are interested. This hull is what Phil Thomas based his glass hull on.

Thanks,

Steve Ball

Steve,

If Ken doesn't want those Dave Frank plans, I sure would like to have them.

Let me know.

All the best,

Ray Rankl

Steve thanks so much for the offer, i'm going to take a look at moding the Dumas SP40 plans first since i have one of their replacement ABS cowls coming with it.

KRJoye

I've got a set of Dave Frank Sport 40 plans I would let go for cheep if you are interested. This hull is what Phil Thomas based his glass hull on.

Thanks,

Steve Ball

Steve thanks so much for the offer, i'm going to take a look at moding the Dumas SP40 plans first since i have one of their replacement ABS cowls coming with it.

KRJoye

Thanks,

Steve Ball

One of these might work for you as well http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/plans.htm

Really like to newer designs, like a Pruese, Blazer etc whats available for builders?
Nice shovel but im looking for a wide stance pickle, something state of the art. I found nabbed a set of Dumas Sport 40 plans, i'll probably use them as a basis for integrating the latest hull / sponson design ques into their SP40 envelope.

http://www.dumasestore.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=414
If you are planning on building a boat based on the Dumas Eagle..its not a bad running hull, BUT you may want to consider reworking the sponsons a bit as the front steps are kinda steep..I built mine with the stock sponsons and it does have decent straightaway speed but it also LOVES to blow off the water with no warning...if i had not painted the boat already i would have done some work on the sponsons to shallow up the front step a little.You might want to build and seal the boat, then do some testing and try working the bottom of the boat until your happy with how it runs...THEN paint it! I wish i woulda done that with mine...as i said i dont think its bad boat..just needs a little tweeking!

Latest posts

Back