• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wtd Rossi 21 3 port piston & liners from early to mid 80s period

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Hamilton

As title says this was the first 3 port 21 engine that Rossi made between 82-85ish (not Nova rossi), Looking for piston and liners or complete engines only in good condition, Marine,aero or car engines. This was the motor that had the 12mm shaft, conrod centre to centre of 28.5mm, head and back plate screws were 2.5mm (later models were 3mm screws so not the model im after)and the od of the liner was 20mm. Not interested in any other Rossi models than this specific 3 port engine. If the liners are not 20mm od and 3 port their not what im looking for. Their are reasons why i dont wont later piston and liners not just to do with the later ones being 19.5mm od which Axe Rossi still produce. appreciate any help with this so rumage through all those old R21 motors that you have tucked away somewhere Im in the UK by the way. many thanks Martin.

As title says this was the first 3 port 21 engine that Rossi made between 82-85ish (not Nova rossi), Looking for piston and liners or complete engines only in good condition, Marine,aero or car engines. This was the motor that had the 12mm shaft, conrod centre to centre of 28.5mm, head and back plate screws were 2.5mm (later models were 3mm screws so not the model im after)and the od of the liner was 20mm. Not interested in any other Rossi models than this specific 3 port engine. If the liners are not 20mm od and 3 port their not what im looking for. Their are reasons why i dont wont later piston and liners not just to do with the later ones being 19.5mm od which Axe Rossi still produce. appreciate any help with this so rumage through all those old R21 motors that you have tucked away somewhere Im in the UK by the way. many thanks Martin.
Hi Martin,

Is this the kind of thing ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WATER-COOLING-RACING-ENGINE-ROSSI-3-49-cc_W0QQitemZ260489917568QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN?hash=item3ca668b480

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one just like it but it's a 8 port. I think I have what you need and will get the caliper out to get the specs. to you.

Many thanks chaps but that is a Nova rossi C1 and not the Rossi that im looking for,I did allready see that one on ebay. best regards and thanks Martin.

Ok I have a few parts and things you may need. I found 1 good sleave (skirt broken on piston) and one good piston/sleave/rod both rossi 3 ports. the first. 11.98"x0.766"odx0.646"id and 1.2"x0.766"x0.657". A 6T case and a 3T case If you can send me pics of what you have I can match it up and send pics of what I have. [email protected]

Ok I have a few parts and things you may need. I found 1 good sleave (skirt broken on piston) and one good piston/sleave/rod both rossi 3 ports. the first. 11.98"x0.766"odx0.646"id and 1.2"x0.766"x0.657". A 6T case and a 3T case If you can send me pics of what you have I can match it up and send pics of what I have. [email protected]
Many thanks for your reply,I dont have a camera any more to take pictures to send. Some confusion over the first piston and liner that you list as this is the dimensions of the 6T (6 port liner to suit the 6T case) This was the smaller bore longer stroke motor,I didnt think Rossi done these dimensions in a 3 port motor. The 6T was also a later motor. Can you please send me pictures if possible of the 3 port case and the two 3 port piston and liners with veiws of the pistons out of the liners. Another way of telling the earlier pistons is they never machined small oil grooves in the top edge of the pistons, Some had 1 groove some had 2 grooves The ones im after just had a plain piston surface with no grooves. Best regards Martin.

Another way of telling is to measure from the top edge of the wrist pin hole to the top of the piston and it should be .240", The later ones which are no good are .210"

The 6T did come in a car version with three ports. The problem was the weak crankshaft. I will take pics of all I have for this era or close and you let me know. I need your e-mail.

BTW the set with the same rod as you stated has one oil groove. 1.2"x0.766"x0.657"or 30.5mmx19.48mmx16.58mm Piston is 16.53mm Lx16.55mm od can you get me full specs on the sleave and piston so I can measure as I go along.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW the set with the same rod as you stated has one oil groove. 1.2"x0.766"x0.657"or 30.5mmx19.48mmx16.58mm Piston is 16.53mm Lx16.55mm od can you get me full specs on the sleave and piston so I can measure as I go along.
If you can post some pics ill be able to tell better but i think this sounds like the later ones, regards Martin.

I agree the ones I pulled apart are 19.50mm I have yet to get the older ones I have in boxes somewhere to measure.

I agree the ones I pulled apart are 19.50mm I have yet to get the older ones I have in boxes somewhere to measure.
To recap on sizes the od of liner must be 20mm, The piston does not have any grooves, 16.56 diam,length 16.42 ( these engines had a shorter stroke than the later ones hense a shorter piston was used) and from the top of the wrist or gudgeon pin hole to the top of the piston is 6mm. Regards Martin.

Back