WTC blow over video

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naw... its not too bad. My Vision 40 runs pretty darn good (and should be even better once it gets a little more dialed in), and turns better than the HTB by a mile. I do miss the boat, but only for sentimental value, not necessarily performance. It lived a good life, and is a well traveled boat! More so than most Americans... Its been to Germany, Finland, and Sweden!

Naw... its not too bad. My Vision 40 runs pretty darn good (and should be even better once it gets a little more dialed in), and turns better than the HTB by a mile. I do miss the boat, but only for sentimental value, not necessarily performance. It lived a good life, and is a well traveled boat! More so than most Americans... Its been to Germany, Finland, and Sweden!
I know the feeling. Dang, that is a well traveled boat for sure. I see that Deryl and JJ are coming to Greensboro this weekend to the race. Don't you want to join the fun?

I was either to loose or to tight all weekend. I spun out the next heat of open tunnel because I tucked it in a degree and a half. The water was almost glass very little wind and had just come out of the corner. I was coasting to an easy win at three Quarter throttle and then blow over. That was the young Atwell in third at the start with his new nova 46. And Bobby in second attempting to run me down. Notice one thing the acceleration of the Nova 46 out of the first turn.I was turning a Prather 240 prop. Still have some testing to do on props to get the nova to turn up. It ran strong all weekend. Driver still learning to drive it. I was using hopper pipe on it and it liked it. My motor was well broke because I had been running it on my Rigger untill the conversion came out.If you don't have a Nova 46 yet its a great motor.

Thanks John for posting the video and for being there at the right time. Come on to the pond and get some of that side by side racing action.

Looks great Rick. You will find that perfect combination of CG, prop, and engine tuck. Just keep testing. I will tell you it is looking great. FYI, everytime I saw it running I would point at the water and look at Gabe and smile. He's obviously happy to see his old boat is still running strong...... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like some good 40 tunnel racing. Wouldn't even be possible without Mark "light" making the conversion and getting them done in time for the big WTC!

Latest posts

Back