• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB water cooled head for K&B 7.5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc Pagé

Hi everyone, i'm looking for a K&B 7.5 water cooled head that will fit on a Pro (red one) 7.5 outboard engine.

Thank's

I have many water cooled K&B 45 heads. Do you want the deep chamber, or shallow chamber? What is the cylinder bore of the pro redhead, can I assume it is the same as the other OB and IB K&B 45's? I use a variable water outlet orifice to control head temp. This setup includes 3 different size orifices to allow you to tune the head temp to the pond temp. $17.50 + $5.00 shipping to Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marc, most guys use a lathe and turn the fins off of the air cooled pro motor, then put a water cooled jacket directly on top of it. The pro motor head itself (chamber) is pretty good. I have everything here needed to do this if you want it done, including the water jacket. Send me the water cooled pro head, and $6.00 to cover shipping, and I will do it for free.

Let me know if you want to, and I will send you my address.

~James

Oops! I started typing my above reply, then stopped to go eat dinner. Came back and finished the reply, and didnt realize Jon had already answered with an offer. Didnt mean to step on any toes! Offer still stands though.

~James

Oops! I started typing my above reply, then stopped to go eat dinner. Came back and finished the reply, and didnt realize Jon had already answered with an offer. Didnt mean to step on any toes! Offer still stands though.
~James
James. What is your shipping address? ...your inbox messages box if full...

Thank's

Last edited by a moderator:
~James
James. What is your shipping address? ...your inbox messages box if full...

Thank's
Marc you will like James setup Harry Gerhart made me one and it was perfect just ask Scot Wadlow the eventual guy who runs this motor ........

I have many water cooled K&B 45 heads. Do you want the deep chamber, or shallow chamber? What is the cylinder bore of the pro redhead, can I assume it is the same as the other OB and IB K&B 45's? I use a variable water outlet orifice to control head temp. This setup includes 3 different size orifices to allow you to tune the head temp to the pond temp. $17.50 + $5.00 shipping to Canada.
the head bolt pattern on the redhead is slightly larger around but a enlarging of the stock cooling head works good. Cutting off all but 3 fins seems to do the trick

Yeah, that was who we got the idea from, I bought a couple of Harry's old engines a few years back. It works good.

~James

Sorry, I thought I sent you that? Here it is:

James Clegg

PSC 2 box 12548

APO, AE 09012

~James

Back