• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wtb tunnel kit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick Adams

Looking to build my first tunnel. Not too particular on the brand but would like an authentic cowl. I am looking at the Dumas kit right now but wanted to see if there was anything else out there.

Thanks

Erick

You didn't say if you are looking for Electric or Nitro, you also didn't mention what size, but you may want to look at PTI Racing's (formerly ML Boatworks) PX300 for P Limited FE or NX300 for .21 Nitro Outboard (Sorry for the shameless plug). Our web site is under constructions so if you have any more questions please contact us at [email protected]

You may also want to look at the new Thor hulls, they are very impressive...Search the Outboard forum they have several threads going on those kits.

Both of these companies are wooden kits, not up to speed on the glass hulls, I'm sure someone will chime in

If you are the type of person that is not concerned soley wth speed or setting records, look on ebay. Lots of older good looking tunnels there.

I am looking for electric using a k&b 3.5 leg. Not really concerned about speed. Just wanting to find a wood kit that I can put together. I have seen the Dumas kit on eBay, but having trouble locating info on other kits that are available.

Paul: I will send you an email.

If you are looking for a tunnel with an authentic cowl that is also capable of taking turns the way a tunnel is supposed to turn, then the Dumas hot shot sprint 24 is not too bad. Lots of the American hulls cannot turn like a real tunnel...

Here is a pic of Pauls 320, nitro though. Very nice kit to build. More pictures in my gallery.

What is your favorite "real" tunnel? I am partial to Burgess, Velden and DAC hulls. I have driven Burgess, Velden, LeeCraft, Seebold and a few others. Why not buy some plans and scratch-build your own cowling?

I am partial to Seebold boats. Have owned/drove Hoffman, caniff, and a bunch of seebolds.

I will probably end up building a boat from scratch at some point but want to put a kit together first. Haven't looked into just buying plans. Are there good plans out there?

So looks like my options are:

Dumas 3.5

Thor (might not be available)

PX300

Is there anything else out there in kit form?

Just go a px300 if u want to buy now, they are apparently great kits to put together. Would be great for sport running in good to lesser conditions with an FE setup.

If you want a race boat, there are other options which will be available this month, early next

Eric, I have had a few of the ML Boatworks 300 kits. They are extremely easy to build, great quality and handle super!!! You will not be disappointed.

I guess my posts in the OB Forum are pointless
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Back