• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Preston Prop Balancer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DH Racing

It seems these are hard to find and I asssume no longer made?

Can a new one be bought, from whom, contact information?

I do not know the history of these but time to get serious with prop tuning.

Thanks,

David

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

No longer available. The best you can do is this WTB post.

But, the magnetic balancers work great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZrOg-Pro-Prop-Balancer...1QQcmdZViewItem

I have Prestons and one of these, and to be honest with you, I think the magnetic one is more percise.

But the trick is in the shaft. Never ding the tips and NEVER work with the shaft in it. They bend very easily.Once they're bent,they're junk. I found out the hard way and now keep a couple on hand.

You can easily check if the shaft is straight by rotating and checking the balance of a prop.

Check a prop,rotate the shaft 180*.check it again,than 45*.Check it again.If the shaft is bent,it'll show a difference in the balance when you do this.

If it's straight,it will read the same no matter how the shaft is installed.

Good luck on your search.

Thank you for the information. I have looked at that balancer but was not sure about it's function.

I have learned the hard way on shafts. My current balancer has the third bent shaft and they bend easy too.

David

Back