• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Picco .45 parts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piper_chuck

I got a couple silver head Picco .45s along with a Twincraft mono this summer. They're both really weak on compression. The one in the boat runs well, but it just doesn't have enough guts to be competitive. I was wondering if someone has a new piston/liner set and bearings sitting around in their parts bins that they might want to part with. If someone's got one they are willing to part with, send me a PM with price.

Chuck,

Get the bearings through Ron Byrd of RaceCraft Bearings. Sells only WIB bearings.

Other parts will be a tough find. May consider getting Paul Stirton to make you a new piston for it. He can fit it to the exisiting liner without having to replace it. He made one for me last year and did a great job. His are better than a new factory one. May be cheaper in the long run. Paul is down under in Aussie land.

I have a modified front rotor plate assembly if you need one.

John

Thanks John. If none show up I'll contact Paul. Same for the bearings, I'll check with Ron. I don't think it's worth doing the bearings unless I can get some more compression.

I just got my P/S back from paul and the work was flawless. Just be ready to wait a little while, it's a long way to the land down under. Ryon

shawdaddy said:
I just got my P/S back from paul and the work was flawless. Just be ready to wait a little while, it's a long way to the land down under. Ryon
112045[/snapback]

Sounds like I need to get in touch with Paul. I've got 2 engines so I can send the P/S from the one that's not in the boat, or just wait til the end of racing season and send both.

Back