• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB OS Marine engines OS 81 VR-M, OS 46 VR-M, VX-M

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zagustin

Please offer OS Engines of the marine line: OS 81 VR-M , OS 46 VX-M , OS 46 VR- M ABC , OS 61 VR-M , OS 65 VR-M, OS 21 RX and 21 RZ.

Our location is Germany. We provide a shipping address in the upper states.

We are familiar with PayPal or PMO. Please do not hesitate to contact.

Looking foreward hearing from you.

Thanx for looking...................Werner

Werner Kraetzer member of www.hydroplane.de

I have a like new OS 46 VX-M with header and iso engine mount and collet. $300.00 usd

I also have a like new never ran OS 46 VR-m and collet. $125.00.

I have a like new OS 46 VX-M with header and iso engine mount and collet. $300.00 usd

Do you still have these engines for sale? If so, please get back ASAP and let me know. You can email me at [email protected]

I'm going to research it, but what's the difference other than age, between the VR and VX?

Pete

Do you still have these engines for sale? If so, please get back ASAP and let me know. You can email me at [email protected]

I'm going to research it, but what's the difference other than age, between the VR and VX?

Pete
Pete, Tower Hobbies shows new O.S. 46VX-M's in stock for $239.99

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXBY94&P=7

The VX has exhaust facing front of boat & uses a wrap around header & the older VR's (pre-1995) had exhaust over the flywheel. Something else that's interesting is O.S. recommends using a .65-.90 sized pipe on the 46VX-M. :blink:

zagustin,

I have an almost new OS 81VRM home.I'll check it out later when I get home from work and post a pic.

Pete,

That 46VX-M looks like it would fit fine in your shockwave.You might have to drill and tap a couple of holes in your motor mount,but The header looks like it would wrap around and tie right back where it is now.You'll have to slide the pipe further ahead to maintain the same distance from the center line of the glow plug to the weld or wide point of the pipe.

Good luck!

And thanks for the link Don. :)

And of course there is always Ebay, O.S. marine motors pop up on there all the time-

Last edited by a moderator:
guys dont spend too much time on it... the original post was from 2004!! :lol:

~James

guys dont spend too much time on it... the original post was from 2004!! :lol:
~James

Doh........ :eek:

Hey James, thanks,but there is one good thing that came from it anyway.

Pete is looking for an alternative power source for his Shockwave other than the Dynomite 32 that's in there.

It has side exhaust and a radio box directly behind the motor.So,that 46 does have a wrap around header that'll work.

But I guess I don't have to dig out my 81 now ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don, Walt, James....sorry everyone, I didn't realize that Dave Rumble's answer to this original post was done in Jan. '04! I'm right with it, as you can tell!

Don, I did want to comment though that Tower Hobby's OS .46VX-M is listed at $239, but you have to add the flywheel $30 and header at $50, so you get up over $300 right away. Dave was throwing in an engine mount and of course I thought he might be willing to negotiate the package price a little. Me bad!

In any case, THANKS Don, I appreciate the feedback on both the current Tower Hobbies price and the difference between the VX and VR.

I am looking for an OS .46 VX-M with header and tuned pipe if anyone has a used one in good condition.

Thanks all........

Back