• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB OS .46 VX-M Tuned Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Markese

Supporting Member
I am looking for a tuned pipe to mate up with an OS .46 VX-M. I currently have a Mac 11cc muffled pipe that came with the engine when I bought it used. I am looking for an alternative that might work better than this 11cc muffled pipe. OS says I need to use a .65 - .90 sized tuned pipe with this engine or I could cause damage to the engine. Don't really know if that's true or if it's just an overly cautious conservative approach of an OEM wanting to avoid warranty issues. Any advice on this would be appreciated also. Thank you.

Sorry, I don't know this engine at all, Jerry Dunlap has run one and a couple others here. Some engines like more

volume than others but I have had good luck with the Macs airplane pipes and zero luck with their boat pipes with

engines of this displacement.

Had some Picco disc 45's that liked the Macs 45 airplane pipe, people said the stinger was too small and not enough

volume but some engine/ tank layout like more fuel pressure and heat in the engine. Same engine also worked

well with the next size up Macs airplane pipe,, the 1160 I think it's called. Pipe length from 10.5" and shorter (from

glo-plug to the beginning of the reverse cone) was the area my engines ran best,, with the right prop of course.

JW

Back