• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB new balancer jewels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltr

Hello all,

With one of prestons balancers now for sale here,

it reminded me that I need new jewels for mine.

It tends to drag a bit.

Can anyone tell me where to get a new set,or anyone have a set to sell?

Thanks,

Walt

SmallParts.com

I thought I used a 6-32 rigid vee jewel assembly but I do not see them listed.Try the 5-40 set (B-VGA-5). Or I have some from Rod Gerahty that I have not used. I do not know the thread size but I will take $20 for them. Assuming I can remember where I put them.

Have you tried cleaning yours with a solvent? And never add a lubricant.

Last edited by a moderator:
SmallParts.com
I thought I used a 6-32 rigid vee jewel assembly but I do not see them listed.Try the 5-40 set (B-VGA-5). Or I have some from Rod Gerahty that I have not used. I do not know the thread size but I will take $20 for them. Assuming I can remember where I put them.

Have you tried cleaning yours with a solvent? And never add a lubricant.
Hi Preston,

Thanks for the reply.

When I get home from work,I'll check the threads and also rinse them out with a good solvent to try it again.I did add a little thin oil to help,but they were dragging before I added the lube.I got the balancer from KB so it's had it's share of use.

If the ones from Rod are for this balancer,I wouldn't mind a spare set anyway.

Thanks

A good solvent should not hurt the jewel. Any additive (lubricant) provides drag. KB might have balanced a few props but I would think it would have taken longer. I am also going home to check the threads because I have 40 sets of shafts drilled and tapped for the bearings I was buying. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both our sakes.

Latest posts

Back