WTB - K / B 67 Parts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall Fella

Hello everbody .

I am making enquiries from Australia for 2 ( K / B 67 Carbs / short ram tubes / carby clamp bolts ) . Ihave it listed on the AMPBA Forum as well , but I ask on here as well . Look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Hello everbody .I am making enquiries from Australia for 2 ( K / B 67 Carbs / short ram tubes / carby clamp bolts ) . Ihave it listed on the AMPBA Forum as well , but I ask on here as well . Look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing
Ian, I have one k&b carb I bought for a 7.5 but it was way too big-.450"/11.43mm bore-must be for a 11cc or 13cc motor. It's the newer style made to use the remote needle. Glenn

Hello Glenn .

I have measured a carby that I have and it looks to be ~ 11.8 mm bore . The carby barrel rotates on a spiral groove with a ? idle jet inside the throttle linkage arm which is on the end of the carby barrel. On the opposite side of the carby body is a knurled aluminium nut that clamps the main jet .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Hello Glenn .I have measured a carby that I have and it looks to be ~ 11.8 mm bore . The carby barrel rotates on a spiral groove with a ? idle jet inside the throttle linkage arm which is on the end of the carby barrel. On the opposite side of the carby body is a knurled aluminium nut that clamps the main jet .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing
Hi Ian, Sounds like you have the older style carbs-should have known when you mentioned ram tubes. Newer carbs don't use the ram tubes. Look at mecoa website, click on K&B and take a look at the 11cc/.67 outboard-newer carbs have a brass disc on the side to set idle mix and all use a remote mounted needle valve. Neck that slips into the engine case measures 15.82 mm/.623 inch. What kind of hulls do you use for the .67's? Thanks' Glenn

Hello Glenn .I have measured a carby that I have and it looks to be ~ 11.8 mm bore . The carby barrel rotates on a spiral groove with a ? idle jet inside the throttle linkage arm which is on the end of the carby barrel. On the opposite side of the carby body is a knurled aluminium nut that clamps the main jet .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing
Hi Ian, Sounds like you have the older style carbs-should have known when you mentioned ram tubes. Newer carbs don't use the ram tubes. Look at mecoa website, click on K&B and take a look at the 11cc/.67 outboard-newer carbs have a brass disc on the side to set idle mix and all use a remote mounted needle valve. Neck that slips into the engine case measures 15.82 mm/.623 inch. What kind of hulls do you use for the .67's? Thanks' Glenn
Ian, Did a search on mecoa/k&b and they list a .453"/11.52mm bore carb p/n 80-8701/9467 it's a optional large carb for 7.5 pro o/b, ducted fan and 100 aero motors-I think this is the one I have. They also list 80-8702/9467 carb for the .67&.82 o/b motors- no bore size stated-and a optional large carb .483 bore/12.29 mm for 100 ducted fan, .100 o/b and .82&.91 o/b. Hope this helps, Glenn

Hello Glenn .

I measured the neck of the carby where it goes into the motor ( 15.73 - 15.87 ) dia . I have had this carby since the early 1990 's as a conversion for another motor which didn,t have a carby available with a low speed needle . At the moment I am trying to get a Twin Engine Sprintcat together and the spacing of the motors makes it difficult to use the original carbies . I did consider Exhaust Throttles , and have bought some off International Waters but was told last night to persevere with carbies as the Exhaust Throttles were too tempermental in a twin engine installation .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Hello Jon .

Just a quick note to let you know that the carby's and the exhaust throttles arrived today . Thanks again .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Back