• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Good used Nova 2000 piston/rod/sleeve

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Hey guys, looking for a GOOD used piston/rod/sleeve for a Nova 2000 3.5cc IB motor. No junk please..

Please be advised that the NR2000 engine is the short stroke version that stopped being made about a dozen years ago. The sleeve bore and stroke is different from the long stroke version, the RX21's. They do not interchange and won't work for Rodney.

Marty's engine?... I have pistons for it Rodney... maaaaybe a sleeve... apart?... give me a sleeve diameter... Mike

Mike yes. Just need a piston to be honest. The rod could use replacing as well but it's not too bad. Overall sleeve is in fine shape. I'll get you a diameter and length on it tonight when I get off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not looking to dump much money into it. The piston that is in there I do not think is original to the motor. its sub inducting on the exhaust port. Just want to get Marty situated with a motor that will last him for a few years to come.

Please be advised that the NR2000 engine is the short stroke version that stopped being made about a dozen years ago. The sleeve bore and stroke is different from the long stroke version, the RX21's. They do not interchange and won't work for Rodney.
i have a orlic nova 2000 model engine and it is a longstroke not a short stroke, so nova must have made some as long strokes from that time

i have a orlic nova 2000 model engine and it is a longstroke not a short stroke, so nova must have made some as long strokes from that time
Yes, they did. It was a long stroke engine with 2000 on the side of the case. Same stroke and bore as any current long stroke engine. I dont think they made those for very long though. They also made one for the first generation long strokes with the smaller diameter liner that I believe had 2000 stamped on the side of the case as well.

Brian

Rodney, is the crank 13mm or 14mm? Reason I ask is I have a REX 350 with a 14mm crank, long stroke. A fellow boater from up here has a Rex 350, 13mm crank, short stroke. The short stroke was overhauled by Mr. Geraghty, from an engine the fellow got from you. Mr. Geraghty had mentioned at that time that when NR was transitioning between 13mm crank short stroke engines and 14mm long stroke engines that the case markings could be the same, but the long stroke engines have the 14mm diameter crank. The REX I have and the RX I have both have have 14mm cranks, but the outside diameter of the bearings and the sleeves are smaller than the current 14mm crank engines like the TX and the 5 port.

Larry

Ill have to measure it. I know the sleeve diameter is smaller then the current engines and the piston diameter is larger then the current engines.

Back