• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: electric boat, EVERYTHING needed to run it

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

hey guys,

one of my cousins is interested in getting a boat, electric because of the noise factor.....he's completely new to rc, got around 400-500 to spend, and needs all the equipment....i can probly help him set it up the first time, but after that he'll be running on his own, so low-maintenance, user-easy stuff is the best.

here's everything we'll need, please let me know if youve got any of it to spare:

boat [preferable ARR, mono or cat, with hardware, motor, and radio box already installed, RTR would be great also]

batteries

charger

all radio gear

spare props, motor cleaning spray, anything else needed to maintain an electric boat

thanks for looking,

Joe

That's do-able but it depends on how fast you want to go. I could get you in the door for under 500 with all the misc. pieces and part for a 6 cell RTR mono. A 12 cell setup would run closer to $550. Maybe more if you were looking to charge all 12 cells together. You can charge two 6 cell packs seperately and then put them in the boat. Shoot me an email if you want more info.

[email protected]

hey guys,

one of my cousins is interested in getting a boat, electric because of the noise factor.....he's completely new to rc, got around 400-500 to spend, and needs all the equipment....i can probly help him set it up the first time, but after that he'll be running on his own, so low-maintenance, user-easy stuff is the best.

here's everything we'll need, please let me know if youve got any of it to spare:

boat [preferable ARR, mono or cat, with hardware, motor, and radio box already installed, RTR would be great also]

batteries

charger

all radio gear

spare props, motor cleaning spray, anything else needed to maintain an electric boat

thanks for looking,

Joe
I have a Miss Budweiser Hydro 1/12 scale RTR with radio in box. I only fired it up once and is in brand new condition. Everything still in orignal box ready to go. Asking $340.00

I have a Baltic 33 with a marine ESC, motor, steering servo and radio. It has all ball bearings and water cooling for the ESC and Motor. It is a scale of the ocean racer of a few years ago. As for a charger it all depends on what you are looking for, I have a CE Turbo 30 or 35, need to check, Novak or Astro Flight. The boat is set up for 6 or 7 cell batteries. I used 6 and it was a very stable boat in all kinds of weather conditions. 4-6 battery packs, I'll need to cycle them and make sure they are still good. Extra motor and I'll have to find some of the smaller parts. I have pictures but when I tried to post them here it didn't work. So I can email them to you if you want. Lets say around $250.00 with the Astro Flight DC peak charger.

thanks for the replies everyone.

T.S. Davis,

what hull? sounds like your talking new not used, right?

6 cell mono...Bandit El Lobo comes to mind for me.....please send pics to [email protected]

Hurricane,

can you send pics to [email protected]?

also, could the ESC still be used if he was to go brushless?

Tony,

not sure about nitro, though its what i run....i know what the miss bud looks like, so no need to send pics.....

everyone, i'll show your pics to my lil' cuz and tell him what the pros/cons of each choice would be, then get back to all of you.

thanks for your replies,

Joe

per using the esc on brushed or brushless, no, you can't. Neither one will work on the other. One pretty much puts out DC the other AC.

That's the big question about how big of a jump to make when you're first starting out. If you go simple, like with a 700 type motor, then your controller is useless for the upgrade to brushless. Considering how often we make mistakes though, it's a lot cheaper to replace a 700 motor and controller.

Gene

thanks for the replies everyone.

T.S. Davis,

what hull? sounds like your talking new not used, right?

6 cell mono...Bandit El Lobo comes to mind for me.....please send pics to [email protected]

Hurricane,

can you send pics to [email protected]?

also, could the ESC still be used if he was to go brushless?

Tony,

not sure about nitro, though its what i run....i know what the miss bud looks like, so no need to send pics.....

everyone, i'll show your pics to my lil' cuz and tell him what the pros/cons of each choice would be, then get back to all of you.

thanks for your replies,

Joe
Yeah that was new with me building it. I make 2 hulls currently. One is called the UFO. It's a 6 to 8 cell boat. It has won first place in N1 mono at the Michigan Cup. It also took a 2nd in limited sport mono at the Sardine classic. For the $500 mark I was figuring an inexpensive charger, batteries, the works.

The other hull is a 12 cell mono. It has taken a first and second at the Batavia Nationals, 1st at the Sardine Classic, Second at the NAMBA Nationals, 3rd at the Michigan Cup. Like I had mentioned it takes a bit more patience ( and dollars) to deal with a 12 cell boat but with a 700 type SS1 motor the speed is better and the boats are pretty predictable. Great fun to dollar ratio. A 12 cell 700 setup will get you into the upper 20's for 4 minutes. The typical 6 cell can type motor will need work eventually where as the 700's are nearly bulletproof. A good brushless setup can run you $500 by itself but my brushless Sidewinder is pushing 40. A 26" hull is handful at that speed.

I'm really proud of these two. Yeah they're plastic but they are no BS raceboats that are winning races. Some of the fastest FE guys in the country are running them so something is working. I have no great shots of the UFO yet but I'll zip up some Sidewinder shots and send them too you.

Thanks,

Terry

Latest posts

Back