Wrist pin clips for OPS engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jklimpel

Greetings all,

I am looking for the wrist pin clips for an OPS .60. Does anyone know if the clips from a .67 will work. The only place that I can find that sells them are Aeromarine...and they are out of stock.

Is there another engine that uses similar clips??

If you have an old OPS engine..or parts...I want to buy them!!!

from memory the 67 clips fit the 60.

I ended up making all my own clips when I was still using CMB engines. find the right spring steel wire guage and then use a lathe on slow to wrap the wire around a steel rod around the same diameter or a little less than the wrist pin diameter. get about twenty coils done making it look like a spring and then use a dremel to cut along the spring giving you about 20 circlips..

usually you can get these to have more tension than the original clips so they are less likely to come out.

EMS Racing Not everything in a factory engine comes from the factory....

Yes the 60, 65, 67 and 80 all use the same clips. They also use the same front plate and back plate and crank. Some of the older rods are a little different but the rods they sell now I beleave will work in all the motors listed above except the old 60's . The rist pin is the same in all but the old 60's and the 80's. The P/S for the 65 and 67 will work in either engine but again the old 60 and the 80's are different. There are differents in all the head buttons and some of the heads can be swapped around. If you have any other questions about the older OPS engines I am fairly familular with them. I had the fun job of repairing broken motors for five years at Shamrock Imports.

C Herzog

Back