WOW!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that photo has been around here for a while(year or two). I think it is a .90 boat and a Twin(that's what was originaly told). It is an awsome pic (if your not one of the two owners).

-Buck-

It happened in Seville, OH a few years ago. Troy Hammons had a 60 Eagle and was leading the race after lap 3, then hooked coming out of turn 4. The twin 90 boat owned by Scott Whitcraft slammed into him. Divers found all of the major components. Greg Sheckler took the picture.

The 90 must have been dead in the water and hit. The boat in the air is the 67MAC powered SGX (single shoe and bluehead motor). Looks like and AB or CMD black pipe, too. The SGX had orange sponsons, and they're still in the water. The other boat looks like a RR from the turnfin and sponson that is at the transon of the SGX (in the air). In my experience the majority of the dead boat (tub) doesn't get knocked into the air, just broken up. The moving boat flies real well, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
boat wasn't dead in the water. single engine boat hooked in front of the twin. scott told me all about it

In my experience the dead boat doesn't get knocked into the air, just broken up.
It does when it gets hit by a twin at full song..................... :eek:
Parts of it will fly, but the inertia and suction/drag of being still and low in the water keep the majority of it from flying like the one in the pic. All kinda moot as it's still all tore up. I fished John Brown's tub from the bottom of the Hu8ntsville pond during the Internats in the late 90's. If I recall correctly, he and Stu got together heading to bouy 1.

gallery_907_150_40375.jpg

Heres another good one although I didn't think so at the time.

My twin left the water full noise at buoy and landed well off buoy 5. It went in backwards and jammed the throttles on full noise and ran head on into another twin. My twin had the motors pushed through the bottom of the boat and the other boat (the one in the air) only had some minor damage to the front of the tub and sponson.

Could have been worse but not a bad shot of it.

That pic is so good you can still see smoke coming out of the loose pipe.. WICKED

Grim

Back