Wow ! Detroit Hydrofest crash

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, that was a really violent crash. Did you hear how the drivers made out?

Bill Hoch

Great weekend of racing in Detroit, the Unlimiteds did an excellent job putting on a show all weekend, BUT, I thought mother nature did its best late Saturday afternoon, Heat 2A went off looking like this !

The race announcers kept saying it looks like its clearing, yea right, he must of got his right and left hands mixed up, the river runs east to west at this point in the Detroit river, your looking west.

Detroit weather Saturday.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Always great to go up to Detroit for the races. The best and most challenging course on the circuit, especially the Roostertail corner. If you have never seen the Unlimiteds or the Grand Prix boats run, you need to.

If you watch the video of the crash in slow motion, you can see the 25 hooks in the turn right underneath the 777, causing him to go airborne. Bert Henderson in the 777 got DQ'ed for the weekend, even though it was the 25's fault. Bad calls can happen in all sizes of boat racing.

This video was just posted to Youtube about an hour ago. It's the best video I've ever watched of hydroplane racing. Some of those guys have brass balls! At the 53 second mark my jaw hit the ground.....

Back