Wire drive

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious that how much of force torque / pound for primary drive .125 wire will break snap off ? Let me know thanks

Last edited:
Where did you get primary drive .125 wire? I will try to test torque wrench on wire at my shop vise table
Lmao. Why??? They are tried and true and proven beyond a doubt. That controlled shop test doesn’t duplicate what happens on the water. Waste of a shaft and waste of time.

Lmao. Why??? They are tried and true and proven beyond a doubt. That controlled shop test doesn’t duplicate what happens on the water. Waste of a shaft and waste of time.
I looked at Buck (William) ‘s Twin Slingshot with CMB80 use wire drive that’s why

So put one in a boat and run it. No need to tear one up on a torque wrench and bench test. Buck isn’t guessing if they will hold up. He knows they will.

They have been running them on on bigger and heavier gas boats for years. They are proven.

Last edited:
This is great, I live near Plano.
Been looking for a larger wire drive for my rigger build.

Probably will be a month or more before I get to the point of ordering those parts, but I'll shoot you an email Bret.

You'd think that would snap before the wire would....

I don't see the point of the torque wrench test
I think it would twist up the wire before it ever snapped...
The wire is the way forward. As long as it’s a nearly straight shaft. Most riggers are fine. Many monos won’t work good and a gas cat would be really hard.
it is rather amazing the chemical bond works but it does.

Back