Will pay $$ for gasoline outrigger plans

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesbon

Hi,

New to the board....I have 2 full size boats, a 21 Classic Donzi and 19 Rabco c.c., and a handful of scratch built r/c boats (classic Chris Craft, electric outrigger, nitro deep vee which I built a plug and mold for...)

I'm looking for plans for a gas outrigger and will pay $$ if need be. Or, If I could obtain dimensions and angles for the tub, outriggers and center of gravity, I could figure out the rest and be GREATLY APPRECIATIVE!!!

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction!

Oh yeah, when I get my digi cam back, I'd love to post pics of my small arsenal :)

Don't hesitate to post here or e-mail me at [email protected] !!

If you're curious about classic Donzi's, drop by www.donzi.net, click the boards and get hooked. If you care to, do a search on "Jamesbon" and take a look at my two year restoration of a 1971 Donzi 21 with Arneson surface drive and HOTTT 509 Chevy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have never seen any before myself......

now that the engine prices have come down (aka superior knock offs) maybe ill have to design one myself :D

jamesbon

i am working on a design of one right now. i havent had a chance to run it ,but if it runs as good as my 20 hydros it will be a great boat. you could also contact cmdi for a kit.

jon

Jamesbon, I have the plans for the boat pictured below... free of charge...

i have a .90 in it now, but theres enough room for a 25cc or so...

i also had no pipe installed when the picture was taken, but you get the idea...

Shnick :D

Frank Bananno (<-sp) has a real good looking gas rigger. I don't know if he'd sell the plans or not though..

I've built a few in the past and used the old style 90 Crap Shooter sponson design. The design worked awesome. I don't build them anymore cause I'm not a rigger fan. Way to much like work..... B)

Thanks for your replies fellas!

Apache5056, Why are they so much work to you?

Thanks Shnick, I e-mailed you via the forum e-mail function. Very interesting!!! Beautiful boat!!

Warlokboats, I'd be very interested in seeing and hearing more about your rig.

Tom,

For starters, I'll probably use my old chainsaw motor. It's a pain to start, but it's big. WHo knows, with all the pawn shops here in the Tampa Bay area, I have a plethora of weed wacker motors to choose from cheap. Once it's set up and running well, I may opt for a nice water cooled Zenoah, Homelite or some knock off.

My e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks again for your input, I look forward to more!

I don't know why. I felt than when I raced them, that all I did was work on them. I think maybe it was because I didn't like them for myself.

I do love to see a good running rigger though. Almost as prettie as a good running Seaducer..... :D

Gene,

That's got to be a HYDRO-TAIL. In fact it looks like my 21 coming out of # 6.

I wish I could post some pictures like that. I will be posting some pictures of

the "new ABC propellers" soon. I have to take my film in and get it developed.

Thanks, B)

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

[email protected]

Hey Mark KEWL idea on the prop pics ;)

And nope, the roost is just a innocent little F mono that does 85.7 mph from Kentley :D

I know this is not plans, but have a look at this guys stuff. He has just started kitting his great designs. We liked them so much we are carring all of them.

He makes some amazing BIG riggers. I know he has a big gasser on the go right now.

http://www.phmracing.com/

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

screaming%20eagle.jpg

Contact Andy Brown, He deals or makes and sells the eagles, I know matthew (M&D) runs a eagle and he has the speed record with a rigger.

and dont mess with your saw engine, you want a hot engine, (gas) get a M&D mod motor.

Tom

Check out Frank's rigger

http://pub208.ezboard.com/fjimsrcboatdockf...opicID=31.topic

Do him a favor though, go with a real motor, when you get something that nice and capable of those speeds it would be a shame to put in a substandard motor to go around the pond at 30 mph. <_<

Another one of Jim's members sells his own design rigger, 48" long, cheap!

http://groups.msn.com/SOUTHCOASTPONDMONSTE...ger.msnw?Page=1 three pages of pics, super nice guy, does mod motors as well. ;)

Here is a guy in Australia with nice kits and with the exchange rate they are priced right too. B)

http://members.dodo.com.au/ozzy1/index.htm

just wondering, will any hydro do or just a rigger? gas cats and hydros usually make better heat racers, at least until now, gas riggers seem to be a relatively new thing.

Thanks again for your input fellas.

I've checked out out everthing mentioned here and am enticed by what I've seen, however, the creative side in me is still leaning toward building something from scratch. I probably enjoy building and rigging as much as I do running.

With that said, I'd be interested in obtaining a set of plans from Schnick. Schnick, can I mail you a tube or envelope (return postage paid) for a copy of your plans? I'd be glad to send along a bottle of your favorite wine or liquor or case of beer...Just let me know if you're interested. My e-mail is [email protected].

I just finished a Jay Turner Yellow Jacket 6 cell outrigger. Runs pretty good with a 15T D4. Still playing with props and turn fins. I have a 2000 mah pack, but am looking at building a new power source from 6 NiMH 3500's. I may have been running too large of prop, (Octura X640) my Novak speed controller started cutting out after a minute or two of full throttle running. I bought an X438 and X435 to try when the rain quits.

Thanks for all your input fellas.

Shnick was kind enough to e-mail plans in Autocad format. Now the fun begins...

Starting a new topic for the rest of the journey.

Back