who's done it and what fits????? aquacraft .18 back plate

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

well im looking to lose the pullstart on this aqua .18,,,,,could have sworn i was told the o.s .18 cv-rm back plate fit on the aqua .18????????? anyway i ordered one and know am second guessing wether it will fit or not..... wont know till wed. when it arrives....any info would be good,,,, a known backing plate would be a plus.... or a i.d of the cv-rm crank case would help a ton,,,the aqua measures .827 i.d

alden

well the cv-rm back plate i think is out of the question....found it measures .988,,,,,, any idea's....

well im looking to lose the pullstart on this aqua .18,,,,,could have sworn i was told the o.s .18 cv-rm back plate fit on the aqua .18????????? anyway i ordered one and know am second guessing wether it will fit or not..... wont know till wed. when it arrives....any info would be good,,,, a known backing plate would be a plus.... or a i.d of the cv-rm crank case would help a ton,,,the aqua measures .827 i.d

alden
Alden,

I'm trying to follow what you want to do but not quite sure I understand.

When you remove the pull start there is a back plate that is already there, which back plate are you trying to fit?

is it the recess back plate, the one that goes inside the crankcase and is held with 4 screws?

if that is the case this means you have removed the PTO shaft right?

and

you have replaced the crank shaft on the Aqub or you have grinded down the crank shaft to remove the pin for the PTO because if you haven't done that that plate won't fit.

you can run the aqub just by removing the pull start, leave the pto and the pull start back plate.

Dan.

alden
Alden,

I'm trying to follow what you want to do but not quite sure I understand.

When you remove the pull start there is a back plate that is already there, which back plate are you trying to fit?

is it the recess back plate, the one that goes inside the crankcase and is held with 4 screws?

if that is the case this means you have removed the PTO shaft right?

and

you have replaced the crank shaft on the Aqub or you have grinded down the crank shaft to remove the pin for the PTO because if you haven't done that that plate won't fit.

you can run the aqub just by removing the pull start, leave the pto and the pull start back plate.

Dan.

Guppy, I have not looked into the .15 cv r backplate. Will have to check that out.

Dan, your correct I'm looking to get a non pull start back plate. I hate pull starts. And the way I see it, that pto riding in a sloppy brass bushing is probably soaking up a little power. If I'm gonna leave the pto I may as well leave the pull start. And yes I was gonna take the pin off the crank that the pto rides on.

Alden

geez man im so confused,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :blink: i was on the phone twice with aquacraft tech support with two different techs and both are telling me the .18 cv-r backplate is a direct replacement...#osmg4053.... how could this be possible if tower has it listed as like .160 thousands larger????????????????????? maybe im missing somthing,,,,,maybe a little lathe time??????? huh???? this is harder than i thought it would be........

alden

well the results are in,,, i received the back plate today for the .18 cv-rm... measured it and the o.d was only .015 to large,,,,,what do you know,,,, not a direct replacement,,, but with a little work she fit like a glove,,,,, i took .018 off of it and used both the cv-rm o-ring and the stock aqua gasket to give me that tiny bit more of clearence on the end of the crank....obviously,,,, had to grind the pto nub off of the end of the crank,,, i actually left about .005 of it...so i wouldnt disrupt the rod journal pin..... i also sanded the inside of the back plate smooth to give me just that couple more thou....anyway,,,the cv-r back plate is a great fit with a little work.....here is a pic of it with the back plate,,,,,like it was ment to be...............lol :lol:

IMG00684.jpg

Latest posts

Back