Who makes this motor mount?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Anyone know who makes the 67/80 motor mount in the attached pic and if they are still available.

Last edited by a moderator:
dave at hrc can make em for ya if u cant find any of em.... hrc-mfg.com

Former UNW member Mark Auker made those and then changed the design to beef up the legs as some were breaking. The photo is of an early model. Mark is no longer racing boats but went to rc helicopters.

Since This post has came up, I have wondered what the pro and cons are when using that style of mount,especially with a larger motor.

Does anyone have any insight?

Tim

the one thing i could see i don't like is it goes thru the bottom of the boat. i do'n't like all that downward pressure of the bottom if i can help it. and would have to be beefed up. or have some wood blocks put in to then mount them on top and depending on the boat the motor could sit up quite high.. but that is just at 1st glance

chris

The key to this style of mount is that the rubber isolators being used in the fashion they were actually designed for. In reality the way we use them mounted sideways in most motor mounts is not correct, they have poor shear strength when loaded from the side. Yes it would require a "beefing up" of the area directly under the mount where the isolator thru bolts but in my opinion in applications like 1/8th scales is well worth it.
default_smile.png

Former UNW member Mark Auker made those and then changed the design to beef up the legs as some were breaking. The photo is of an early model. Mark is no longer racing boats but went to rc helicopters.
Mike do you have contact with Mark and if so any chance he would still make them or at least just the machined pieces?

I made one like that for my Sport 40 but tied the two halves together with a bridge under the intake side of the carb.

Because of the location and room my mount only has 3 lords mounts.

Grim

From what I see you need to use and "S" bend shaft? We tried using them mounted in this position in the past. We were using an angular drive, so we had to make a wedge platform. Even though this is how they are designed to work, we did not see a great improvement in the dampening. Make sure to seal all the holes through the bottom of the hull real well. Constant oil residue under the isolator, big rot out area.

Latest posts

Back