Which props to use for Astro 25 4 turn in hydro?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

I have a Astro 25 4turn motor running on 12 cells i want to put in my Doug Campbell roundnose hydro which props should i be trying out? Any info would be great. Regards Andris Golts.

The carbon fiber graupner 45mm sor maybe slightly smaller would be a good starting point

Jim

te name='riggerman' date='Oct 15 2006, 05:04 PM' post='166024']

I have a Astro 25 4turn motor running on 12 cells i want to put in my Doug Campbell roundnose hydro which props should i be trying out? Any info would be great. Regards Andris Golts.

what prop are you currently running? i know of a few that work well on the cambell shovel, but they were being spun by an SS1, not an astro.

Hi Andris.

I've had no experience with that motor on my hull. I believe that motor is used by the 10th scale folks in seattle. They usually run X447 props. However, they run larger hulls too. Usually at least 32" long. I would try a smaller prop initially. I've had some good runs on an 8XL brushless using an X437 3 blade, then try working up to a 440 3 blade and see where the heat temps are at. That motor may be comparable, but I'm not sure of the torque/rpm numbers on the Astro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andris

Hey are you back in electric racing?

Thats great !

I saw one of your riggers at the pond last weekend.

The props used withthe 25/4 were X435 X637 - X642. On mine I found that was the limits before the motor was too hot - and I think that was with 2000's !!! The 4 is hotter than the 5 the 1/10's like.

I would be concenred about running 3000 plus through one, on the other hand you just never know.

Latest posts

Back