Which Motor?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped by the FineDesign store earlier today and met Chris and his brother. Really nice guys. They got me setup with a new R/C boat, batteries, and controller. I'm psyched!

They actually have a local club where you can race on the weekend. I plan to in their stock 540 class.

They said that the boat I bought on EBAY was the first kit they started selling when the opened their store 20 years ago... Definately 'old school'

Neil

Neil, What did you get :p you lucky dog ;D

Hope you have a ball.

LOU

Got two of these (one for myself/one for my brother). Said it was a good 'starter boat'. Twin 540 motors and two 1800mah batteries.

wildcat.jpg

Yeah put a 700 bb in it - run it in offshore and pray for ROUGH weather -

Actaully the submerged drive may not be an entirely bad thing in offshore - try it before you ditch it - a suitbale submerged drive prop will give you good speed and GREAT handling and ability to out turn any surface drive boat on a offshore course !

I stopped by the FineDesign store earlier today and met Chris and his brother. Really nice guys. They got me setup with a new R/C boat, batteries, and controller. I'm psyched!

Neil
Neil, way to go! The rule of thumb in real estate is: Location, location location. In the FE world, 20 min from the Fine Bros. is pretty close to one of the centers of the FE universe.

BTW, you may be psyched now, but spend one afternoon on the pond with that group and "psyched" will become HOOKED. ;D ;D ;D

Now doesn't this look like fun?

My EV on a 700 BB. That's not a huge wake it's jumping, it just likes to air out. Of all the boats we run in our club, we have the most fun with these.

EV%20airborne.jpg

And in case you thought that photo is just a lucky shot, here's another of Charlie Tom's cutdown EV, also riding on just the prop in some pretty calm water.

Charlie's%20EV.jpg

Long live spec racing.

Doug

great pics

it looks like the sun is out for you
It is indeed, although today and the next couple of days we're getting some rain, which is badly needed. We're sittin' about 4" shy of normal.

That's OK though, the water level at the pond is down almost a foot, so the result of the rain is that I won't have to bend over so far to launch my boats. ;D

Life is a beach (or in our case, a pond).

ARGH!! Make it stop!

If I don't stop reading these threads I'm gona end up buying one of those. :eek:

Hey Doug, What gear are you using on those ev's?
The ole bullet-proofed, never overdriven, wear-yourself-out-trying to beat it into submission, ya seen one ya seen them 700 8.4v run direct.

Back