Which Glow plug for K&B 3.5 Outboard?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstew0903

Which Glow plug for K&B 3.5 Outboard?

Which glow plug would should I run on my K&B 3.5 outboard? I am running 40% redmax fuel. I have a tuned pipe and a red carb. When I unhook my glow igniter the idle drops alot(Sometimes stalling). I had heard that you need a hotter plug if the idle drops when you remove. Let me know your opinion. Oh well thanks for the help in advance!!

Jason

Re:Which Glow plug for K&B 3.5 Outboard?

Ive been using Red max fuel for years(best fuel there is!) and i have always liked the mcoy mc-9 plug. which are you using?

It is an o.s. plug out of one of my airplane engines I think it is one of the #8. Where is the best place to buy the mcoy plugs online?

Make sure NOT to use a plug with the idle bar! They will hit the top of the piston.

I have been running k&b HP plugs also mc-9 .

both are good for 3.5 o/b

(the k&b cost a little less money) I use odonnell fuel !!

sorry to jump in here...but hat plugs would be good for a K&B engine running on 10% nitro?

GTR mentioned MC plugs, but i cant remember which number i should use?

Thanks

Kris

Kris, Im pretty sure the McCoy MC 9 would work well with the low nitro. :-

You can buy the mccoy mc9 plugs at WWW.ROSSISALES.COM Not sure they are on his web page but he does sell them. Bill is in our club. You can e-mail him or get his phone number off the site and call.

: :)

JOE

I have been using the MC 9 in my 3.5 ss as long as I've owned it and it is the most reliable plug I have ever used. The only drawback is that it takes a couple of laps to get it warmed up and if I try to hold it WOT in the corners when its Lean And Mean it will die (the fire goes out). But it is the strongest plug I have used thus far. I haven't mangled many of them in my 3.5.

hmmm damm you yanks for using high nitro content :eek: you should use lower ones so you can help me find a good plug ;)

maybe Oscar could tell me which one he uses?

Kris

You meen this guy? :)

I use Rossi R8 in all my outboards accept for the K&B old style which uses a short sleeve one. I use the OS no. 8 in that one.

They both work great on 15% nitro.

Back