Where has the fun gone

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Pickard

I always looked forward to going to each and every race. now i have no wanting to go because of most peoples attitudes. These are people that have run for a long time and new people just takes the wind out of wanting to race and have fun. This is getting with people have a good time, but unfortunately now there are so many people that make it serious and treat you like crap i am about to sell everything and say good bye for good i know i said it before but this time i mean it unless things change big time.

Robert,

I did feel the same way took a needed break and have been testing more this summer and am ready to go to a few races soon. Time seems in my case to heal all wounds, I took a break and have been building and testing boats lately. I would say go test by yourself, take a lunch and enjoy a day at the pond. Do this a few times and you will be ready to race with your local club again.

Beau

Thing is guys i am coming off a break i took when wife got sick and passed away and now walking into this stuff

its a long and ever evolving issue but the basics are -- memberships are down because of the economy,races are dominated/populated mostly by vendors and then friends of vendors ,,,everyone else is "in the way" of makin a sale.

then the politics of the constant rule changes. over the last 10 years i keep sayin im goin back racing ,but every time i read some of this soap opera style nonsense im like.........NOPE

Had you made the ride this weekend- YOU WOULD BE A NEW MAN-with a new attitude- trust me, I am .

was a long drive by myself and kitty cat lol have decided just to do special races take some time off the state races

Robert you are member of our club and we are at the lake most Sundays just come on down and have some fun. You haven't been down much since the new year maybe you just need to run and have fun and put the racing on the back burner for now.

And we always try our best at the lake to help each other run.

Robert you are member of our club and we are at the lake most Sundays just come on down and have some fun. You haven't been down much since the new year maybe you just need to run and have fun and put the racing on the back burner for now.

And we always try our best at the lake to help each other run.
Well said - Do it Robert, it will do you well TRUST ME

Everything is for sale tired of attitudes here and else where thought this site was to help people and other things people these days have no respect and are not helpful

wow,.. I thought the thread was very supportive..

what's going that we don't see?
I was kinda thinkin' the same thing.......
default_blink.png

Boy Robert talk about making something look terrible. Maybe you should look in the mirror. Why don't you bow out gracefully instead casting a negative shadow over the whole hobby.

I have been back in this hobby for about 18 months. I have never seen you at a state race. I have seen you twice at our club lake. Jerry Crowther was nice enough to spend a cpl hours helping you with your boat, that would not run. BTW IT WAS NOT A SEADUCER and it wasn't bought from him!! I spent 30 minutes taking your engine apart to check it out. That was almost a year ago?? Haven't seen you since, not one day of the several we have worked at the lake. This hobby owes no one anything, it is life, YOU GET OUT OF IT WHAT YOU RECENTLY PUT INTO IT!

Just this past Saturday while at the club lake. Jerry, Jeremy, Julius, Raymond, Jose, Elias and John Lawson were at the lake. I was sick and didn't get up early enough to make the meeting. But I went anyways to bring Jeremy a part for a motor and to help him run a boat. While there John was having issues getting his boat running, Jerry offered help and so did I. I haven't seen John since he was a little kid, now a grown man and out at the lake. Well we got him running too.

I am in need of a few parts to be able to race this weekend, Dave Wilfong is hooking me up and mailing them to me.

Walt Barney helped me out as well, AGAIN!

Sure doesn't sound like a bad society to me??? If you are feeling down about it or unhappy with it, why must you cast a negative shadow over it? other then this site, your not involved, your not helping anyone, including yourself.

There are several of us down here working very hard to build this back up, and I for one take offense to someone who has done nothing for the hobby in a year and half(or more)casting a shadow of negativity over OUR WORK! As far as this site, there are some I would NOT want to spend a day with but 99% I would love to have over to help with the JACK! But isn't that life?

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert, we love ya man- and I know the last few years have been very hard on you, and Im sorry, I know it would have f-ed me right up as well my friend.

The guys are giving you no more crap than normal- and we are TRYING to get your head pointed in the right direction again cause we care. Now I cant speak for what you may or may not have issues with down south, but , let those guys try and get themselves where they want to be- show up from time to time even just to visit- find someone to run with by yourselves if needed- BUT breathe , no one is chasing you off- Lord knows we cant afford to loose racers and you have some really nice stuff to go play with. Step back- take a breathe and call me if you need to just talk okay.

Danny i use to go to every race till my wife died and no not giving the sport bad name just a few in it that make it bad, also Danny i have done alot at that lake staying there till 9 at night every weekend before you came back the cd stand wouldnt be there if it wasnt a few of us that got that thing going again. Also why i havent raced much is my own business i am not taking offence to anything down there as far as getting the site better i am twice your age with bad legs i have done alot of work there for years

re-read post 14 Robert- many of us understand where your coming from and and what you have been through -

Your missed and we need to talk soon, I will call ya am .
default_wink.png

Robert in 1990ish I was president of the broward club we held 1 day races that had around 100 boats EACH MONTH!! EVERY MONTH BUT DECEMBER!I was around 20 years old. I was personally involved in building the back lake race site. Along with 6 or 7 other members.

Guess what that gets us now? Nothing. That's why I don't throw it around. One thing about this hobby is.... Pretty much everyone has at sometime been the backbone but they don't throw it around like this hobby owes them something.

Bottom line. You seem to be full of complaints but do nothing to help. The main reason I replied to this crap is you throw this out there. It makes Florida and south Florida look bad and this site. I want to voice another side of it. Goid luck with whatever is eating at you, but it is up to you to do something about it.

Thanks DANNY, That certainly helps
default_sleep.png

Keep the rest of this civil and not a bash please, I see both side of this coin , but in all honesty- a little compassion toward what may be a problem may be a better answer. Just saying, run em off or welcome em- your choice.

Latest posts

Back